P775 and 9700k

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Robertjan88, Oct 14, 2018.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Like I said, Prime95 wasn't running at all in that screenshot. The CPU was idling.

sicily428 likes this.
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    As already showcased beforehand, it's likely a bugged reading, a GTX 770 cannot have 500w+ powerdraw as well.

I'll quote again:
    If you still don't get it, then I feel sorry for you.

Georgel likes this.
  3. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    I also feel sorry for you because you think no throttling while idle is some kind of achievement and proof that BGAbooks are superior.

ole!!! likes this.
  4. skandal

skandal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Err, common, you know that is ******** :p
    If you check their reviews you will see that don't seem to enable AVX workloads.

But can you get that on an BGA laptop? And it seems that some companies sell binned CPUs that will run @5Ghz. They are going to be crazy expensive, but they will run @5Ghz. And with Prema Bios they will even achieve that in AVX loads.

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    In your dreams. Even yrekabakery tried it on his notebook, it didn't even take a minute for him to start thermal throttle at 4.5gh, he can hold 4.5ghz for about 1-1.5minutes.
    [​IMG]

If it wasn't for his shared heatsink design it would be far worse. That's why you see the guy nerfing the hell out of his GPU because his notebook would burn like a furnace. His FPS in every single game he benchmarks is abysmally bad compared to the settings he has. So yeah, nice try there.

Georgel likes this.
  6. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Haha, that's rich. How long would it take a BGAbook to thermal throttle with a 166W CPU load, 2 seconds?

No idea what the stuff about nerfing GPUs or low FPS is all about, probably just your usual nonsense.

Papusan and FTW_260 like this.
  7. skandal

skandal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, it does not hold 5Ghz(or high clocks or that matter) in AVX loads. What laptop does? Because none of the proof you provided is running AVX loads.

ole!!!, Papusan and sicily428 like this.
  8. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Not to mention that "AVX loads" is a generic term comprising anything which uses AVX instructions, regardless of its intensity. Things like RealBench or Handbrake or Android emulators that have AVX acceleration, or even the new Assassin's Creed game, are less intensive than Prime95, sometimes in a big way. And within Prime95 itself, Small FFTs produces much more heat than Blend, Large FFTs, or 1344K. The 8700K at 5GHz can pull well over 200W in Small FFTs, even desktops have a hard time keeping that cool without custom water cooling.

Papusan likes this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    9700k it is then. The real 8 cores keeps things going nicely.

10. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    The guys are doing some undervolting and further tests, then I'll post some pretty screenshots. Maybe some data in a few minutes - but as you can see how this thread has developed and why I previously didn't want to start posting results on here without full independant validation :eek: