P775 and 9700k

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Robertjan88, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Robertjan88

Robertjan88 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So in 2 days? :)

2. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Your answer is 5 posts above ;-)

I have internal tests, but those always get shot down as being non-independent and biased, so will leave it to the review sites.

3. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Is NDA the real reason, or are you just teasing? ;)

4. XMG

Reputations:
    He he - well yes you're correct, the NDA isn't clear yet so I couldn't post any figures now. But what I meant in the main was that any performance figures posted by companies on here are shot down by certain individuals and so I won't give them any more ammunition.

It's mainly to say that we have had review chassis out there for a while and you will see the results in their reviews pretty soon - and be able to compare those two CPUs in Cinebench directly (as in, we have the figures but can't release them for fear of death by concrete boots) ;-)

bennyg, Papusan and sicily428 like this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    @XMG your going to sleep with the fishes posting them or not ;)

bennyg, Papusan and XMG like this.
  6. Robertjan88

Reputations:
    Actually, there is already 1 review online: https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2018/09/intel-core-i7-9700k-review/

However, this benchmark cannot really be linked to the performance in e.g. the P775 as a laptop never offers perfect circumstances.

Since the 9700k is cheaper than the delided 8700k, I am very quit curious about it's performance and throtteling.

Will this CPU really be able to beat the (delided) 8700k inside the p775 or not?

Please feel free to post your findings. I don't see why people would complain about it....:)

7. XMG

Reputations:
    Those guys, as @Meaker@Sager said, will be swimming with the fishes - the Intel NDA is not up yet so they're in quite a bit of trouble! There is always a News Embargo, a Review Embargo and a Shipping Embargo - often with different dates. That's why there are other news articles online but no other press reviews with specific test data, apart from the link you posted.

8. Robertjan88

Reputations:
    Ok. When does the NDA expire?

I always need to laugh about those NDAs, especially when Intel and Nvidia are release rigged benchmarks in the meantime offering untrue information (one example happened very recently). ;)

9. XMG

Reputations:
    EDIT - if you're refering to the Intel vs AMD benchmarks, actually that wasn't rigged - it was to do with the AMD Game mode settings used by a third party company conducting the test. It's easy to call consipracy, but those of us privileged to be inside the industry know it wasn't purposefully rigged.

Telling someone when the NDA breaks is breaking the NDA ;-) But everyone already knows - posted yesterday;

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Very soon :)