P35W V3 and P35X V3

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by azizfrost, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badg2209

Badg2209 Newbie

Reputations:
    Not tested the battery life, got it late on yesterday but will ttry it out on battery tonight. Keyboard seemsfseems fine to me. Not used to having the number pad on a laptop though. The mouse pad is alright for occasional use, I always have a mouse as I don't like using the pad very much.

2. markjk7

markjk7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Got my P35w last night, still getting it set up and games loaded from Steam, but really happy with it so far. I've taken DelFang's advice and so far only updated Nvidia drivers (direct from Nvidia) just played Crysis 2 max ed Ultra settings and high res and temps stayed low on everything (guess it's not the most taxing game any more) max CPU 72c, Max GPU 65c. Never noticed the fan noise while playing.
    Can anyone recommend a battery tool/app to help with long term battery life?

3. lamanian

lamanian Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cant hardly wait to get mine almost regret getting upgrades as id already have it most likely. Guess the 2 extra ssd ,extra 8 gigs ram and IC diamond will be worth the wait tho. Should have it in hand no later than Dec. 10th.

4. TheMightyKnight

TheMightyKnight Guest

Reputations:
    Pls tell us about battery life while working/browsing and noise and heat with furmark or 3D mark

5. PPX14

PPX14 Newbie

Reputations:
    Got mine on Friday, P35W v3 1080p 8GB, not used it much but seems fine so far. Had some trouble with scaling, fuzzy text at both 96dpi and 120dpi, turned out I had to select the checkbox in the scaling settings that said "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays", which sorted it out.

Anyway, tried Tomb Raider and FC4 on it, ran okay for me at max settings. Tomb Raider inbuilt benchmark getting 36fps minimum, 48fps average, with all settings max, tress fx on, and FXAA. With 4x SSAA it got 20fps min, 28fps avg, 38fps max. Fans got quite loud after a while of playing TR and practically in the Menu of FC4, but nowhere near the Max fan level (turned it on in the Gigabyte settings and wow, it's loud, but thankfully it didn't reach those levels from about 30mins of TR or FC4.

Remember to update Gigabyte Smart Manager btw, mine came with an older version 4.3.2 which had only the three fan settings of old. I kept it on Auto and then Auto Low

The laptop didn't get particularly hot to touch at all while playing, quite warm near the speakers above the keyboard, but nothing like my old Compaq Presario CQ60-320SA which this replaces which once turned itself off from an explosion in Max Payne 2 :D

I know this isn't all that useful with no dBA or temperatures :S

Mousepad is okay, but clicking and dragging without dedicated buttons is annoying and I find myself using two hands for it.

For anyone who is wary of changing to a chicklet keyboard, as I was, this seems quite fine for typing, I'm relieved.

Weight (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 128GB SSD) is 2.5kg, just to confirm what I've seen everywhere else.

Also, if you're buying it from Scan.co.uk, despite the description not saying so, it DOES have a Mini DisplayPort socket. (and an SD Card Reader). Or at least mine has.

6. vegetaeater

vegetaeater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Those aren't super useful anyway unless someone uses the same tool in the same manner (ie distance) on multiple systems.

Sounds interesting though. I wonder how this thing compares to the Clevo P650SE.

7. Omnom

Omnom Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey Guys,

I've recently been searching for a laptop for myself for next year and the years to come when I head to University. I've been looking around for a laptop that can handle games, my assignments and general web-browsing. I've really actually liked the sound of the P35W V3, it seems to have decent battery life from what I've heard, around 4+ hours, which is more than that of the 2+ hours on the MSI GS60 which I am also considering. It also has 6gb of Vram on the 970m which is an added extra for a similar price. It's got a subtle look and doesn't seem to be too much on the heavy side.

I was however curious as to the issues involved with the P35W V3. I haven't actually seen any hard solid facts that there are any issues with it, but I have seen comments about them. Some of them are that there are some heating issues with it? Also the wifi is never consistent? The wifi is kind of important to me as I play online games, as well as doing web-browsing more often than not. Are there any other issues with the P35W that I am unaware of? The fan noise doesn't bother me, and I really dont care for trackpads. I'll have a headset and a mouse to try and reduce these issues, if they are present that is. But please let me know. It really does seem like a nice laptop that I could use for a while!

Cheers,

Arthedes likes this.
  8. lamanian

Reputations:
    My p35w v3 will be in my hands tomorrow! Cant wait!

9. lamanian

Reputations:
    The heating issues are on the p35x v3. The processor throttles when it hits 90c. However, all the other laptops that have the same cpu cant keep it under 90c either from what ive seen. So they most likely are throttling as well. As far as the temperatures on the p35w v3 no one has posted any yet. Most people are assuming that the temps will be the same as on the p35x because they are similar in all aspects except for the gpu. You know what they say about assumptions.

10. Omnom

Omnom Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Oh okay, thanks for clarifying. So is it also an assumption that the wifi has issues? Or is this completely irrelevant?
    Cheers,

Logs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.