P35W V3 and P35X V3

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by azizfrost, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMightyKnight

TheMightyKnight Guest

Reputations:
    Hasn't anyone any review in terms of battery life, heat and noise of the P35w v3 ?

2. Khaladan

Khaladan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is the P35W V3 out now? Did anybody read a review about it?

3. markjk7

markjk7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've just had confirmation that my P35w V3 has been dispatched, both Scan and OCUK have them listed in stock from today. This will be my first laptop, excluding my work Dell, but will be happy to give feedback once I get it. :)

4. Khaladan

Khaladan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The main question is how loud the notebook is under full load .

5. lamanian

lamanian Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Problem is shipments were delayed from gigabyte I believe, however gentech pc has guaranteed me that they will have my p35w v3 shipped out to me by dec. 8th so I should have it by the 10th or 11th. It seems to me that the p35x with the 980m just isn't a good match with the current haswell cpu's. It seems like to me the 980m is just too powerful for them and makes them run too hot resulting in throttling so I think the 970m version is the better build. Hopefully when I receive my laptop I can confirm this.

As far as battery life, heat, and noise, logic dictates that the lower screen resolution FHD opposed to 3k, and less power hungry cpu will result in better battery life, less heat, and less noise. At least if you compare it to the p35x v3.

6. Badg2209

Badg2209 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been following this forum for over a month while I waited for my P35W V3 to arrive, hoping for news on expected arrival dates.

I am pleased to say that it turned up today. And first impressions are great, doesn't seem to get very hot at all, not that I have really tested it. Played Rome 2 for about 30 minutes and looked great, didn't hear much noise at all, or didn't notice any real heat. I'm not going to be benchmarking it or anything as that's way above my knowledge level.

But I will try and provide some feedback.

7. lamanian

Reputations:
    So how long can the battery life be stretched when browsing? And how is the keyboard and track pad? These are my only real concerns as I know it will perform fine for gaming and the like

8. DelFang

DelFang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Since P35W and P35X has the same i7 model, and the dGPU are not used, the real life battery life should be similar to P35X, which is 4 hrs with normal usage, maybe pushing towards 5 hrs if you turn off the Bluetooth, turn down the brightness, and close all the other programs running on the background.

Regards

Oh BTW, keyboard is so-so, and it might be a little uneven if you've been open and took off the bottom panel; trackpad is over-sensitive and rest your finger on the left-/right-click button and move the cursor with the other cause it to jump quite frequently, since they are not dedicated buttons.

9. lamanian

Reputations:
    I realize the gpu wont make a difference in battery life unless your gaming on battery, but they do have different screens and that probably makes a bit of a difference in battery life with the lower resolution.

10. DelFang

DelFang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually I don't think it will be that much of differences when you're not doing serious stuffs.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.