P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeerinho

jeerinho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wait for it. The 870m is a really hot GPU. The 970m is cooler and these have been proven by the various video reviews of MSI GS60's side-by-side comparison of the same laptop but with 970m and 870m on each side. I'm pretty sure it will be the same for P35.

If you don't need the video performance, go for the P35W v3 with 970m. Don't go for the P35X with 980m as it usually 300 dollars more expensive in the various sites that have them in pre-order listing. The 970m has surpassed last generation's flagship 880m in terms of performance so it should be plenty strong enough.

2. Arthedes

Arthedes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do all of them! Haha.

But seriously tho, im interested in the p35x v3 with the gtx 980m, which should have similar or lower temps than the v2 with the gtx 870m :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

3. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A GPU with twice the power (well, 100 W vs. 125 W) can be running at a lower temperature? I now sort of feel cheated by NVIDIA. :p

4. Darkomax

Darkomax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. broshkin

broshkin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there a backslash next to the left-shift key? Some models seem to have the backslash while others don't.

6. shempmalone

shempmalone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on their v2? I am wondering what settings people are using.

7. Focused1

Focused1 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been following this thread well, thanks for everyone's efforts
    As I browsed through, however, I wasn't able to find comparison between P35W v2 and P25W v2
    They resemble in specs pretty much (GTX 870M 6GB, Core i7 etc. etc.)
    however structure-wise it seems P25W, given it's thicker and larger ventilation design can do a better job dissipating the heat than the thinner P35W.
    Can anyone give me a link or tests to see if this be the case?

8. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ugh, my friend just got the Gigabyte P35w v2 from XoticPC and her screen looked horrible. Luckily, I have a Gigabyte P35K which I know has an IPS screen. So we use the program HWiNFO64 to see what kind of panel we have. Lo and behold, I have an LG LGD03A5 IPS panel where she has a Chi Mei CMN15B9 TN screen. Seriously pissed off and just sent an RMA for exchange.

9. shempmalone

shempmalone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody having ethernet problems since upgrading BIOS? Since I upgraded to version FB0C / F008 my ethernet would not work after plugging it in when I have already been using wifi. Ethernet shows no DNS and if I try to disable / re-enable I will get a BSOD. I've tried upgrading the Realtek ethernet controller drivers to the most recent version, but that didn't help.

10. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In case anyone is still watching this thread, I have gathered a list of URLs to download driver/software updates that go beyond what the Gigabyte Smart Update program has. For some Intel drivers, it's easier to just use the Intel Driver Update Utility.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.