P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonnie Parker

Sonnie Parker Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there any reason to wait for the v3 if I am not needing the video performance increase? v3 also seems to be quite a bit more expensive on the pre-ordering I have seen.

Thanks!

turokrocks likes this.
  2. turokrocks

turokrocks Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

What I gathered is that they have updated the body and fans....etc to better handle temps in the V3.

I am like you, 870M is more than enough for me, and I am waiting for the prices for the V2 to get even lower as the V3 shipments start.

Keep us posted with what you come up.

3. Rafael_paez87

Rafael_paez87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I don't think they fixed the body. I saw a chassis in gigabyte's service centre a couple of days ago and it was exactly the same of v2. Fan were fine in v2, noisy only at max option. I'm sure the heatsinks will be the same, as is the same "supracooling" which doesn't cool almost nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. aShtk

aShtk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A rep from Gygabyte has stated that the cooling system had received some improvements, and that the chassis had been strenghened.

I have a question for the p35 owners.

Could you please tell me the exact weight of your laptop without the ODD ? Do you have one or two SSDs ?
    Gigabyte is claiming 2,16 kg which seems wrong regarding the many different reviews on internet.

5. darktonin

darktonin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

My webcam doesn't work anymore. It has vanished.... I can't find it anymore in the device manager and when I start Skype or AmCap, it just I don't have a webcam...

I can't really tell if it is because of the bios updated (FA0A) I did last week but is any of you having the same issue?

What it the model of the webcam? Where should I find driver for it?

Oh and btw, just checking this thread again and discovering about the P35W V3, it feel like MSI is send a huge F*** you to the P35W V2 owners! I mean better GPU, better body and better coolling system just few months after this one, it really disapoint me.

6. von1982

von1982 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just solved the problem with the screen bleeding in my P35W V2! I changed this horrible screen to a higher quality!
    Samsung 156HL01-102 PLS - awesome screen from my MSI GS60 , it does not have any bleedings, and it has the best contrast and color gamut! it is fully compatible with P35W(K) and has the best performance I've seen on the 6-bit displays 20141024_190743.jpg

7. aShtk

Reputations:
    How much does the screen cost ? How hard is it to replace ?

8. von1982

von1982 Newbie

Reputations:
  9. aShtk

Reputations:
  10. von1982

von1982 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where to buy silicone or tpu protector for the keyboard of gigabyte p35w?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.