P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafael_paez87

Rafael_paez87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes i hear the same sound. I think it is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. KratosX7

KratosX7 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just got this laptop and was wondering with what program I can undervolt the CPU? Cuz NiBiTor isn;t working and I can't seem to Save my nvidia card using GPU-z

3. jeerinho

jeerinho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Been having this laptop for over 2 weeks now. I gotta say my experience with it has been great so far.

Those who are finding faults with the design: I would say the design is focused on practicality. I don't think you can find another laptop that offer 4 storage slots and an 8-cell within a slim chassis like this, even if you have money. In fact, mine does not have the purplish tint and it looks better than the pictures on the internet.

If the you are worried about the display and it is holding you back from making the purchase, I would say that the display should be the least of your concerns. I think the colors, brightness and viewing angles are amazing. No light bleed on mine.

Both the GPU (85 degrees if not mistaken) and especially the CPU (92 degrees max) does run hot and loud during full load so I'm still unable to play a relatively simple game like DotA at max settings. NVIDIA game optimizer claims it can but I witnessed some strange jerkiness going on after an hour so I immediately lowered the settings as I don't want anything to happen that can reduce its lifespan. I also underclocked the CPU. Now it stays below 75 degrees both CPU and GPU and the fan hardly needs to go turbo.

It makes no sound at all during normal usage though.

Few days after I bought this, I learned that Gigabyte might be releasing a v3 of this laptop with GTX 970M or 980M. I have no regrets though because I won't wait that long and the price is going to be more expensive. I feel there isn't much that Gigabyte has to improve for v3. A GTX 970M on this machine will make it even faster, cooler, and longer battery life.

4. jeerinho

jeerinho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here is display panel info in case anyone is interested.

display panel.PNG

It is a great laptop but I would advice anyone to wait for v3.

turokrocks likes this.
  5. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The GTX 970M has a 40-50% increase in performance while using around the same power. Ouch, that's a huge slap in the face for us 870M owners.

6. Quklux

Quklux Newbie

Reputations:
    Is 870m integrated with motherboard or is swappable?

7. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Integrated.

8. turokrocks

turokrocks Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there a bluray version of the Hot Swappable ODD?

Cakefish likes this.
  9. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Hey, for any owners of this laptop out there, would you mind telling me how hot the GPU usually runs during extended gameplay sessions on modern titles? I ask this because I really want a P35X v3 - which is the direct successor to this model but I'm concerned how well it will be able to cool the 980M.

10. cmagruder

cmagruder Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm really glad I cancelled my Cyberpower order after they backordered me for 2 extra months. I'll look at a P35X I think as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.