P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redmop

redmop Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any word on this guy running Linux, specifically, Ubuntu 14.04? The only questionable thing I've heard is the touchpad.

2. SirSaltsAlot

SirSaltsAlot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can you confirm you panel model numbrr?

3. SirSaltsAlot

SirSaltsAlot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Could you take some pics of the viewing angles? I'm assuming you got the version with two ssd's? Thats the CF4 version. I called Gigabyte and they said the screen in that one is an IPS. I'm worried about the angles still. Your comment has made me more worried.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/Notebooks/HP/Pavilion_11-n070eg_x360/collage_notebook_p35.jpg
    This photo here shows terrible viewing angles. Can you confirm that these pics are accurate or take some pics like I asked?

Thanks Much,
    Salts

4. Dean08

Dean08 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey im new to these forums I have some question i'd like to ask. But first I pan on buy this computer (UK) from Cyberpower https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/ZEUSBOOK_EDGE_X6-100 since its about £200 cheaper and I wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise, I want to firstly clarify that it is the same computer as the Gigabyte P35W V2, I know the specs are the same bar storage and ram, the chassis is the same but i cant find a shred of information from cyberpower saying that the chassis is the same as gigabyte, I know it sounds stupid and every aspect of the computer are the same from each i believe, but i just doubt myself. From looking at the cyberpower website (USA version) they sell quicker ram speeds of 1866mhz compared to the max of 1600mhz can the computer be upgraded to take advantage of the higher ram speed because i though the max the laptop could take was 1600mhz. Furthermore from reading every single page of these forums of this laptop i have picked up that, it runs hot mid 90s on cpu and gpu, it pulls finger prints A LOT!, some IPS screens have light bleed and the middle of the keyboard is spongy due to a thin aluminium keyboard.
    1. Would you recommend this computer from the site i said above, I need it for uni for a mobile gaming computer that doesn't looks stupid with all the gaming garnishes.
    2. Is the screen strong does it flex and move, would it be strong enough to travel around.
    3. Where can i find that carbon fibre look alike top to stop leaving finger marks.
    4. are there any regrets about this computer

And lastly can i add vgjfelix I love your videos, I could kiss you they are very clear and detailed, they really made me consider this as my main purchase, my other consideration was the Clevo W230SS for I feel the portability factor is better. Am i making the right decision, PLEASE let me know your opinions they really matter to me, P.S I will make a purchase in a few days from now so vast detail and good reasoning would be great.

5. iAGZzzz

iAGZzzz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  6. quantumslip

quantumslip Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Gosh dang it, I was planning to get a Gigabyte next month! WIth this around the corner, I really want to wait, but I don't know how much longer I can, as I actually need a new computer for personal work stuff... :(

7. iAGZzzz

iAGZzzz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm in the same boat, but look at it this way:

- Should hopefully be rolling out 3 weeks or so from now. If the P35W v3 has already been tested with a GTX 970M then it would potentially be ready for release as soon as the new GPUs have been unveiled on the 18th September. We could see it right away, but likelihood is it will still be a week or two after. Bear in mind manufacturers know whatever laptops are on the shelves first with the new GPU will sell fast. There's a huge incentive for companies to push their products early on.

- Only buy right now if you 100% have to. If you desperately need a new rig to do stuff then buy one now. If it's possible to wait a few weeks (like myself) and get by with what you've got, your patience will be rewarded.to put it in perspective, the 970M is 200% better than the 860M. That could give your new laptop a lifespan of another 2 years or so. The FPS you get in games would be doubled. When something so good is so close, it's hard but just try to grit your teeth and wait it out. Patience is a virtue :p

Cloudfire likes this.
  8. tackyjan

tackyjan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am interested in purchasing the P35Wv2-CF5 Gaming Laptop from Newegg.com.

Before I buy it, however, I have a few questions:

1. Does this particular model that Newegg sells come with an 802.11 AC wireless adapter?

2. If not, can I buy one and replace the one that the laptop comes with? And which adapter would you recommend?

3. What color is this laptop? On the Newegg site it looks purple/lavender but on other sites (including the official ASUS website) it looks black.

Here is a pick from Newegg:

View attachment 115750

Thanks!

9. Yummytree

Yummytree Newbie

Reputations:
    Does any body here hear anything before the fans start going(I don't know how to describe it, but sounds similar to a HDD scratch)?

And where to get a carbon fiber skin?

10. mangrullon

mangrullon Newbie

Reputations:
    all my alt - fn keys have stopped working. any idea how to restart/fix the on screen display/alt function keys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.