P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rezozo

Rezozo Newbie

Reputations:
    As far as I can tell, with light-medium gaming and normal usage, there is absolutely no problem with temperature. Even with high end gaming, it handles pretty well, especially with cooling pad. :) Where did you order it from?

2. cmagruder

cmagruder Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered from Cyberpower. The price difference allows me to get a better warranty and a nice SSD. I'd have ordered from XoticPC because they're great people and they do thermal pasting but they wouldn't price match if it wasn't specifically the same model, which I can understand.

I'll definitely be working with a cooling pad if I do anything intense.

Rezozo likes this.
  3. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you get the barebones version or the gigabyte one? I'm very curious about the barebones version but I think it only has 1 msata slot. Wished they had a spec page to make things easier.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

4. cmagruder

cmagruder Newbie

Reputations:
    Barebones. I suspect just 1 msata but a better screen panel. We'll see what the results are.

5. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Please let us know when you get it. I'm very curious on the system but 1 msata is kinda deal breaker for me but if the results are good then I can live with one storage option. Just so hard to make up my mind now and with rumors of 900m release in the next few months makes it even harder to decide.

6. Rezozo

Rezozo Newbie

Reputations:
    My laptop is shipping today! Can't wait!!!!

7. Rafael_paez87

Rafael_paez87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Weird thing happening to my p35w. If i'm charging the battery and i shutdown the computer, and then disconnect the charger, the battery charging LED indicator stays on, without the charger being plugged in.

[​IMG]

8. Rafael_paez87

Reputations:
    These are my temps while playing watch dogs, after repasting and using intel XTU for undervolting the cpu. The highest temperature for both the gpu and cpu was 85c. Which is an improvent for me.

[​IMG]

9. Rafael_paez87

Reputations:
    Can any of the other owners of this machine tell me. How much is the wear level of the battery in your laptop?

10. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine is 2%. By the way, not sure if anyone knows but we do have one custom VBIOS that I got over at TechInfernal. The person who modded it told me it had already been undervolted, which is around -18 mV from the looks of NVIDIA Inspector. I can't seem to lower it any further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.