P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hazeljumper

hazeljumper Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm trying to decide the same thing myself. I can say though that after following the ghost thread on this site for quite some time, the pro version does get into the low 90c for both the CPU and GPU when stock (no fan profile change or undervolt/underclock)
    After seeing the 91c CPU temp on that p35w, it might just down to aesthetics and build quality between the two systems

2. XxxKing YBxxX

XxxKing YBxxX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    To me, the choice between this and the gs60 is whether you care for the optical drive. This has one, the ghost does not. If you dont need it, I personally would go with the ghost for the smaller frame despite perhaps having a little more issue with heat. If the optical drive would be beneficial to you, then this would be your laptop of choice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3. XxxKing YBxxX

Reputations:
    To me, the choice between this and the gs60 is whether you care for the optical drive. This has one, the ghost does not. If you dont need it, I personally would go with the ghost for the smaller frame despite perhaps having a little more issue with heat. If the optical drive would be beneficial to you, then this would be your laptop of choice.

This is assuming portability is a concern. If it is not, then I urge you to look at bulkier laptops as they offer better bang for buck.

4. Frugoo

Frugoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You get a better CPU, more GDDR5, the choice for quad storage and standard mSATA slots.

5. XxxKing YBxxX

Reputations:
    CPU difference is completely negligable and so is the extra vram. I suppose those other differences could be of some value to people, but for me dual storage is enough. I am not looking at either of these laptops really as I'm looking for an 860m maxwell laptop, but if I were the optical drive would be the deciding point.

6. Frugoo

Frugoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    True, but even though it might be negligible for normal users it is still extra "value".

7. BibaButzemann

BibaButzemann Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The comparison is a little off.
    The reason you're running-in cars are mechanical ones. The sealing rings need to be adjusted to the pistons. That's why you shouldn't overdo it in the first 5000km.

Since the only somewhat mechanical part inside the gpu is the thermal compound, which ist made specifically for those temperatures, it shouldn't be of any importance to start slowly.

8. BibaButzemann

BibaButzemann Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Isn't one of the main differentiators the price?
    At least in Germany the P35W ist considerably (~300€) cheaper than the GS60 Ghost Pro.

Btw: I chose the GS70 Pro, which is equally cheaper, has the bigger screen and otherwise very similar specs.

9. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    :err::err:
    I have no idea what you are talking about or referring too.:confused2:

10. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's where you're wrong my friend.... Heat sinks have particles in them that transfer heat from one particle to the other, if you slowly start using the system they allign better and transfer heat in one form. Rather than blasting the heat. For example cpu and gpu themselves it's ok to push them cause the components are made out of gold which are great conductors. But heat sinks aren't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.