P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prince_j

prince_j Newbie

Reputations:
    In Intel XTU > Click on the Manual Tuning Tab and All Controls.

You will see the multipliers, 1-4 Active Cores. I just reduced mine to 25x the same base clock for the 4710HQ, so as to limit the throttling the Turbo Boost from powering up.
    Turbo boost is like an auto overclock on your CPU,

Don't forget to Apply your settings and also save it..

I don't even want to touch up on the voltage settings as it is a trial and error method..

2. 0josh0

0josh0 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    So i bought the p35g a few days ago and was going to ask this on that thread but since its the same case and this is much more popular i thought id ask here..(The answers will be the same for either laptop, so good info to have)
    Does anyone know of a sleve and bag (seperate or together) that fit this laptop? Ones ive found have been too small for it.
    And two, does anyone know of another power adapter that is smaller that would do the job (available online)? The adapter that came with it is a brick :|

3. ZugZug

ZugZug Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The adapter is actually pretty decent in size. Anything comparable in power is typically larger.

If you are looking for universal adapters, ASUS tips work. Of course, ASUS branded adapters work too. They are all larger though.

To game you generally need 180W adapter. P35G will game with 150W adapter. Anything less powerful will throttle laptop: modern adapters have builtin overload protection and limit output current if overloaded.

If you are not going to stress laptop on the go, it'll work even from 95W adapter. I use mine with USNA-A1 universal from Cooler Master (ASUS tip). I have not found anything more portable yet.

For a bit more power output this is what I'm pining for. This will allow for CPU intensive tasks and light gaming on the go.

4. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it normal to see the dGPU being switched on and off sporadically while not gaming/doing graphically-intensive tasks? I can see the its clock speed jumping from "not available" to XXX MHz and vice versa. I was sort of hoping the GPU would remain [more] completely off so only the iGPU would be used.

5. DBASQL

DBASQL Newbie

Reputations:
    HID told me to give it to the customer and see of they complain. I guess I am going to try that although it's not my favorite suggestion in the world.

6. mangrullon

mangrullon Newbie

Reputations:
    Laptop came in today! Really happy so far. Few things:
    ninite saved me so much god damn time, how did i not know about this site before, thank you vgfelix!
    speakers arent as loud as i thought they would be, i dont hear ANY bass at all, im actually half way hoping ibuypower disconnected it by accident.
    keyboard flex is there but not noticable when actually typing, keys are very shallow but typing experience is still pretty good.
    I bought mine from Ibuypower, it came with a HUGE ibuypower sticker on the back i peeled off. the top right of the screen has a stick that says "assembled and tested in usa" Im keeping it. patriotic and .
    redownloading most my game library now, bioshock infinite finished first and runs really well. i had to turn down the shadows from ultra to very high to get 60 fps. Computer gets hot and loud quick, but i think ill be able to manage it.

7. dennis96411

Reputations:
    I've had my laptop for a month now and everything is fine. I can handle the noise, I don't notice any significant flex in the keyboard, no problems with the screen, and it performs nicely. Any trouble I have would be software-related (system restore broken because I messed with UAC).

8. takkun28

takkun28 Newbie

Reputations:
    You should put the dolby app on, this should increase the volume which comes out of the speakers. I had the same problem, before turning this on, and the volume/quality of videos etc are much better.

Sorry to keep asking, but has anyone who has the laptop been able to play Starcraft 2 fine? I'm having major problems with framerate and lag on mine since I got it. Thanks!

9. dennis96411

Reputations:
    Is the game running on the integrated GPU? Try forcing it by right-clicking the game executable and choose to run using the dedicated GPU.

10. takkun28

takkun28 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yea it's definitely running on the dedicated GPU, have tried playing it on an old NVIDIA driver, and the newest driver as well. Even played in offline mode, and on low settings which only minimally helps. I'm really at a loss, without reformatting everything.

Have you tried the game on the notebook? Does it run okay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.