P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Those CPU temps seem to match the MSI G60 pro CPU temps. At least it's good to hear the fans are not that loud.
    Looks really nice.

2. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry.... To me videos cards and CPUs are like a new car.... You need to get them at 5miles before you can push them and I rather not do any benchmarking like 3d mark at this point. I rather have the card loosen up first

3. chris_laptopfan

chris_laptopfan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks mate for your short feedback review! :thumbsup:
    What do you mean by gpu and cpu being like a new car? How could it do any harm to the hardware to run benchmarks?
    On review portals like notebookcheck the tested notebooks are often new devices delivered from onlinestores and they are reviewed with benchmarks, game tests and even the full stress test, which i think is absolutely no problem about, as these devices are built for these demands... ;) Don't know why it should be more or less harmful on benching it after some days of basic usage or out of the box...? Aren't these devices even stress tested by the manufacturer as QA before leaving the production facility...?

What scenario were your HWMonitor screenshot with the CPU up to 91 and GPU up to 83 °C from?
    If the gpu could stay below or at maximum mid 80s even under very intensive games like Crysis 3, that would be significantly better than on the GS60/70! Although i would be astonished as it's using the same cpu and gpu in the same thin chassis like the MSIs ...

Hope you are going to make some more benching, photos and maybe even a short video if you don't mind...? :D Would be very appreciated!

So, glad that you like your new laptop so far and have a nice time with it! :thumbsup:

4. Solediermedic

Solediermedic Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for a good review Whiteboyshady! Can anyone tell me if the P35W and P35G have the same chassis? I'm on the fence between this 2 machines. Please help!

5. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yes they do, the only thing that is different is some hardware upgrades.
    35G has the 860M.
    35W has the 870M.

6. Solediermedic

Solediermedic Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks IKAS V, so that means cooling components and fans are identical right?

7. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Should be, I don't think they would make 2 different cooling systems and fan components on basically the same laptop.

8. Solediermedic

Solediermedic Newbie

Reputations:
    Which laptop do you prefer between Gigabyte P35G or Msi GS60 Ghost? Is it true about the loud fans and high heat on the Ghost?

9. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No worries.
    But by right most benchmark doesn't really push the hardware to the limit. 3DMark11 are not as heavy as real gaming like BF4 for example.
    If you are referring to stress test like furmark, then yes. It might even break your GPU. So, it is not recommended.

10. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not sure to tell you the truth, both are fantastic systems but I do hear the GS60 Pro does run hot and loud unless you want to do some of your own tweaking ( BIOS upgrade and fan profile ).
    I would wait for some reviews for the P35 and see how it handles heat and noise.
    These thin and lite laptops do tend to run a little hotter than your thicker standard gaming laptops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.