P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meowmeowmeow

meowmeowmeow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I only use the numpad in counterstrike 1.6 / go for my buyscript. I could live without it. Also It makes the rest of the keyboard less centered.

2. vgjfelix

vgjfelix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The numpad (while obviously very useful on a laptop) is a little indistinguishable from the rest of the laptop keyboard on this model. I found myself knocking the numlock and up cursor (which sits directly under enter) quite a few times. Also the cursor keys are exactly the same size as the number keys so you don't get that 'tactile' sense of where you are on the keyboard.

In summary: could have been better implemented.

VGJFelix

3. Rafael_paez87

Rafael_paez87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    There is a new bios version and a bunch of new drivers in the smart update application. Has anyone tried the new bios? I wonder if is necessary to update or not.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shempmalone likes this.
  4. shempmalone

shempmalone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I installed the new BIOS and the new versions of Smart Manager and Smart Update. I can't tell for sure what the difference is in the BIOS. Maybe my boot is a little faster, but I'm not sure. Smart Update now doesn't automatically put itself in the background, but I don't see other differences. Smart Manager has improved the way the Auto Brightness and Keyboard Backlight work. The keyboard backlight dim value seems dimmer, which in my book is an improvement, and the keyboard automatic backlight setting seems to work better. The screen backlight is a huge improvement because the Auto setting now allows you to change the brightness 50% above or below the default; I always thought it was autodimming was unusable because the value the system chose was always too dim.

5. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    BIOS flashing always scares me; one wrong step and you'll be sending your computer to the manufacturer! I was letting the flasher do its thing, and returned to a black screen with only the cursor. Then the computer blue screened with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. After it automatically rebooted, nothing was displayed on the screen for about 10 seconds. I got worried and scared until the POST finally displayed.

6. darktonin

darktonin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the same issue than you about choosing between the P34G v2 and the P35W v2 :(

But the advantages/disadvantages of the P34G v2 would be:
    + Lighter
    +&- Smaller

And for the P35:
    + Better graphics
    + Better autonomy
    - heavier

So I really don't know which one to choose…
    What is you opinion ?
    I know I know, it depends on what I do with it but that the problem, I would like to do everything: gaming, photoshop, office, travel, etc :rolleyes:

And… Arrgggh I just saw on the Gigabyte website that is there is now the P25W v2 and the P25X v2 !!!

What is the difference between the P35W and the P25W? Look exactly the same but the P25W heavier… Am I missing something?

And the P35X v2 looks like a monster! Is there some reviews/feedbacks already out there?

7. mal.ente

mal.ente Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For me it is the P35W v2 / XMG C504 due to the following reasons:
    + 2 x mSata drives Raid 0/1 available
    + optical drive DVD/BR
    + matte black casing (XMG C504 model in Europe)
    + still portable with 2,2 kg
    + 1080p on 15,6" just please my eyes
    + better overall performance

8. meowmeowmeow

meowmeowmeow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I haven't used an optical drive since 4 years. I would get one since it's only 10€. Do you know if you get the drive casing aswell? Gigabyte includes them in their P35G/W

9. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yep, a disk drive bay is included.

10. XxxKing YBxxX

XxxKing YBxxX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    P35w v2 is also $250 more than the p34g v2. If the extra portability of the p34g v2 is helpful to you AT ALL I say go for the p34g v2. 860m also has more overclocking room than 870m so the gap is lessened sonewhat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.