P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. µGamera

µGamera Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Doesn't Gentech double box though? also it's a bit slimmer than the P35K v1 so some picture comparisons would be appreciated, also apparently the fans are different.
    I would love to see the graphics power on games like TERA and also see what the temps are like in order to know whether or not I'll get that IC Diamond Thermal Paste.

2. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry late reply guys, I got the package and it arrived safely with no damage and no dents :) not even the box cause of the great double packaging! I'll share my experience Tomorow but I'll give you guys a teaser ;) OMG the fans are so so much better than the p35k so silent and blow air very well! More air and quiter too !

chris_laptopfan likes this.
  3. chris_laptopfan

chris_laptopfan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Glad that you are satisfied with your purchase. :)
    Can't wait for your review, but to be honest i'm quite afraid of the temps (under load) though, especially if the fans shall be quieter with a much stronger and hotter graphics card... :confused: :(

4. Jacks0n

Jacks0n Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm waiting for it with broadwell.

5. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    Will do the review today and show you guys what the problems I faced.... Aka nvidia drivers.... You believe they only have one beta driver.....? And I had to flash the bios cause it was a bloody mess. Gigabyte probably didn't even test the motherboard lol

6. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Will be looking forward to a nice user review. Can you post some temps and comment on the fan profiles when gaming?
    Are they constantly on with different settings like the MSI Ghost or is it pretty silent when doing simple web browsing stuff and ramps up under load? How is the screen?
    Sorry for all the questions but this seems like a good alternative for another laptop.

7. Frugoo

Frugoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That doesn't sound good at all.

8. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    ok hey everyone
    just wanna say thanks for gentech for getting it here in really great shape. the double boxing really helps alot. the box had not a single damage on it! not even the laptop.

so i got the laptop yesterday and went on testing stuff on it ill tell you what is so different and better than last year model and the two games i only tested so far were crysis 2 and need for speed rivals, assassins creed. the temps below are what its mostly around..
    1) the touch pad is so amazing. so responsive and accurate
    2) really nice bright colours and one thing i noticed is that its not 100% ips as last year... my p35k had better viewing angles but i guess better colors im happy haha.
    3) the fans. i cant stress this enough the fans are literly 120% better than last year. they blow early so nicely and the laptop isnt loud like last year model its so much nice and quiter even when you game!
    4) the build quality... omg they actually redesigned it from last year like you can feel the quality and the strength of the machine.

now to the problems i had.....
    1) keyboard backlit only changed to 100% even when i chose 50%.... i kept trying to fix it but nothing helped. so i updated the bios and boom its working.
    2) the right speaker was working but so low literly not hearable... i didnt know how to fix that so i opened up the machine and saw that its stiff for some reason... i blew air in the breathing hole of it and the speaker apparently had glue on it from the inside so it couldnt move freely. but its fine now i got it to work fine.
    i could have returned it but i can manage to fix certain things myself.
    3) older games like gta iv doesnt recognize the card cause it has 6gb memmory. but i found a way around that. i guess nvidia needs to update drivers asap....

but other than that its a great jump from last year im glad i changed.
    gigabyte needs to pay more attention to detail.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

IKAS V, shempmalone and Amal77 like this.
  9. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This will definitely be my first laptop of choice. By the way, what did you do that caused the CPU to go to 91 °C?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

10. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice review WhiteBoySHady!
    Can you do a specific test on the temperature?
    For example, max cpu and gpu temp after a run of 3Dmark11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.