P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. µGamera

µGamera Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah it's 2.26kg at max.

2. vgjfelix

vgjfelix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What does that mean, at max? If you get the one with 16gb ram, double 128 SSD.

Or is it meaning if you strip out the cd/dvd drive you can get it down to 2.1kg?

500g is quite a big difference and it might tilt it one way of the other.

Cheers,

VGJFelix

3. µGamera

µGamera Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sorry...

I meant 2.26

Weight ~2.16kg (w/Li-polymer battery)
    ~2.26kg (w/ODD and Li-polymer battery)

4. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    to end the screen discussion, guys check the website of gigabyte as they are the accurate ones. look at the display section.
    p35k is ips. the p35w v2 is wide angle
    here is a pic of both specs from the website
    [​IMG]

5. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    no the chassis isn't the same, even the strength of it has changed since the p35k. and breathing fan holes at the bottom has been added. and the fans have been re engineered.

6. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    lol thats a different comparison. they have similar cores but the 750ti has better texture rate and speeds. but if the 650ti had like 900 cuda cores. they would have been forced to add better texture rates and speeds. you can compare the 750ti to the 660ti. thats a fair comparison... kinda like what he is comparing now. right now he is comparing 860 to 870 which is kinda crazy because games to run at good frame rates use those shading units. his comparison is like comparing the 750ti to the 660ti. the maxwell 860m does not have enough shading power to perform well with high and ultra graphics settings. trust me i know cards and no way that is possible. the 860m maxwell does not have enough shading units to perform all this processing to maintain good fraps on high and ultra as he claims.
    here look at this, tell me where he can get the performance. i believe in numbers and numbers don't lie.

[​IMG]

7. µGamera

µGamera Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Apparently TN panels are good for gaming. If anything happens and I don't like the screen, I'll just swap it out and put the 4k screen in there, I mean..

8. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    no 4k is too much now. you have to wait for 3-4 years to get good performance on 4k for laptops. cause usually the nvidia optimus technology switches to the intel graphics when you dont need performance and i highly doubt the intel card can handle most apps on the 4k screen. so i assume that your laptop will mostly run on the gtx card and bearly use the intel card or constantly change between the two whenever you use a certain app. thats why 4k is great for desktop mainly. but give it a shot and let me know how it goes :D

just wait till people get the (msi gs60 ghost pro 3k) and youll see how 3k display on a laptop was a big mistake.

i mean look at apple and how the high end retina display laptops have a dedicated card. they know the intel cant handle it. plus mac os is lighter and faster than windows. so they managed to make it run well with most apps on the intel card. but even that. the mac uses more of the dedicated card than the intel

9. Rafael_paez87

Rafael_paez87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    In other words the screen might be the same type as the one on the p34g v2 model. Which is not an IPS screen but it's an AVHA screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. TheMightyKnight

TheMightyKnight Guest

Reputations:
    I am close to pulling the trigger for this laptop. I am thinking of buying it on Gentech PC but their website looks clumsy and I tried calling them several times and no answer : just a strange voice telling me I will be disconnected...

What guarantee can I have that Gentech is not a scam ? I know some of you say they got their laptop from them, but what tells me you are not company agents :confused:

Why don't they answer the phone ? and no response message when no one answers ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.