P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reks

Reks Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Now my only concern is if I should be waiting for that hype to come to the iron or getting the Kepler version now.

2. shempmalone

shempmalone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Your wish is my command!

3. peler39

peler39 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That temperature without cooling pad and no repaste yet right?

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk

4. chris_laptopfan

chris_laptopfan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Erm... you're worried about the OCed 860m running at about 85°C but at the same moment you wanna buy a P35W v2 with a 870m Kepler, which runs into the high 80s, instead?? :confused:
    Sorry, but that sounds very weird... ;) Or is Maxwell definetely more sensitive and damageable to heat than Kepler...? Never heard about that though...

Calm down, mate. ;)
    Although i'm a bit curious about promises like 'beating a 870m' and so on, too, but it's not fine to call him liar, without waiting for his results. Let's just wait for his results. Then we can see and factually comment on them. :)

I'm not an expert in graphics cards. But i think you've got something wrong with your comparison, as the Maxwell architecture has several changes/improvements, which makes it more efficient. So i don't think the 860m and 870m are really comparable with raw numbers only.
    For example the 750Ti (same GM107 chip as the 860M's) has already proven it's better efficiency to it's Kepler predecessor (650Ti) with much less TDP but as well as more performance, although the 650Ti has more transistors, more shader cores, more texture units and some other things more. That said, i am not an expert in graphics cards and maybe an expert here can explain that in detail, but i don't think Maxwell is just a hype! ;)

But i agree with you, guys, that the 870m is nevertheless a great performer, no question about it, but in my opinion just too hot for a thin chassis!

5. shempmalone

shempmalone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For Far Cry 3 running on Ultra I get CPU at 82-90C and GPU at 80-88C running with a cooling pad and IC Diamond repaste. I leave the fan set to auto, and it doesn't spin up to max until the CPU and GPU hit 90.

When playing less demanding games, like Civ V maxed, my temps are in the mid 70s.

6. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have you tried undervolting the CPU yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

7. asiagian2

asiagian2 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

For those who have used/owned P35K and P35W v2, what is your opinion on touchpad on P35W v2? I think most of us agree (including me as P35K owner), P35K touchpad is horrible.

I know we don't use touchpad for gaming, but for office work and web browsing, can we now leave mouse at home and exclusively use touchpad ?

Thanks

8. peler39

peler39 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow it is still quite high, do u have temp for creed black flag?

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk

9. Rafael_paez87

Rafael_paez87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Temps in this thing are very high. I'm not sure if buying this laptop is a good investment for a 2 year plan.

Also, i wonder if is possible to create a keyboard shortcut to activate the fans on full speed like using smart manager. That would be nice, similar to the MSI GE60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. vgjfelix

vgjfelix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have a question. How much does it weigh?

I'm just coming off an unfortunate experience with MSI GS60 (dodgy screen) which was super light. I read that this is 2.1-2.2kg but read a review which said it was actually 2.6kg.

Cheers,

VGJFelix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.