P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=9695280
    Apparently the Maxwell 860M is extremely overclockable and can surpass the performance of the 870M.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

RMXO likes this.
  2. µGamera

µGamera Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I kind of call trash on that...also...do you think Maxwell is supposed to run that hot? 85*C? If you already have issues with heat, then I probably wouldn't overclock, especially on a thin chasis...You've got to assume that the necessary checks were done and things are a certain way for a reason....

Then again, I am probably super frigid (no pun intended) cause I burnt out my last laptops CPU. Hence why I am here...

That being said, I am purchasing this laptop tonight, I need the cheapest shipping to the Caribbean....so I need some help with that :)

3. dennis96411

Reputations:
    Either way, we're ending up with a machine that will be able to perform for years. Can't wait for tomorrow!

4. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    haha whats with all the fuss about this, its a repeat on everything said in the forum. noise has been tested and performance has been tested, even heat. and yet we ask the same question again. and i call 100% bull on that guy overclocking the maxwell 860M to beat the 870M, first of all the cuda cores are 640 on the 860m maxwell and the 870m kepler is 1344. how would you even be able to get the performance that is better than 870M, its plain stupid as each smx block in each card is 192 shaders. the 870m has 7 smx blocks while the 860m maxwell has 3.5 smx blocks. thats 3.5 smx blocks differance. can someone please tell me how he came up with an extra 3.5 smx blocks in his card hahaha :laugh:

people P.I.S.S me off with their lies lol

if thats the case then HELL ill overclock my 870m to be an 880m or even surpass the performance of an 880m if we can push our cards to magically add shaders to them.

5. µGamera

µGamera Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Telling you it's the Maxwell hype.

WhiteBoySHady likes this.
  6. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm still not 100% convinced...
    Isn't the p35k the same case as the P35w-v2?
    I've seen a video of a p35k be Asus being quite loud

Perhaps one of you lucky owners can do a similar test

7. dennis96411

Reputations:
    Gigabyte has fixed the fan noise issue since the P35K. Owners who have had both models, like WhiteBoySHady, can confirm this.

8. TheMightyKnight

TheMightyKnight Guest

Reputations:
    I don't want to be harsh. But all those questions have already been answered: heat, noise, battery, even build quality and easiness to upgrade ssds, and RAM and a lot of other questions about screen quality.

So pls... READ THE DAMN THREAD before asking the same questions :) ;)

No offense meant.

WhiteBoySHady likes this.
  9. TheMightyKnight

TheMightyKnight Guest

Reputations:
    So to help you, in case someone is too lazy to read the whole thread, here is a summary:

Battery: 5h approximately light use minimal brightness
    Heat: under load 82-85 GPU 91CPU (max degrees celsius)
    Noise: inaudible under normal use, 35dB-40dB under load, owners say it is way improved compared to p35k, so my guess is around 35-40dB but it isn't accurate data. Owners say noise is ok.
    Screen: excellent image quality, might not be IPS
    Build quality: good, feels solid, bottom is plastic, top is aluminium
    Easiness to upgrade: RAM very easy 1-2 screws, for the rest you need to take out all screws
    Easiness to change ODD for HDD: incredibly easy, hot swap, just push a button.
    FPS tests: Crysis 3 ultra feels good, you can get decent FPS for Watchdogs in High, almost all modern games playable ultra around 35fps and high 60fps

That's it. If I forgot something, do not hesitate to say what ;)

10. µGamera

µGamera Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can someone get shemp put this all in his post at the beginning. If not I got the 2nd post spot, so I can edit that in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.