P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafael_paez87

Rafael_paez87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Beautiful pictures!!! I wonder if all those stickers can be removed without leaving any scratch and paste them on the bottom. Just to give a more simple and sleek look to the laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Frugoo

Frugoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I honestly didn't even think to remove them. I'm use to having them on my previous laptops. It almost gives the laptop some added beauty. haha
    It would probably just come right off. I assume they would have the foresight that people might want to remove it.

3. quantumslip

quantumslip Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Frugoo, or anyone else, how has real-world battery life usage been for this notebook? I'm really close to pulling the trigger to buy this.

4. Rafael_paez87

Reputations:
    Yeah all my laptops have come with stickers but this one has a lot of stickers. I'm starting to like the simple look such as the msi GS60. Just one black core i7 sticker (beautiful) and the other ones on the bottom cover.

Arthedes likes this.
  5. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Removing them is simple, I removed the ones in my old hp and just used rubbing alcohol for the residue. But I agree, it actually gives the laptop a better look and adds flavour to it. I won't remove them of my p35w for sure.

And I noticed that in the pictures you have an ssd drive and you added another 60gb msata.... Don't ever raid those cause they are not the same brand and type. When raiding you need to have two identical drives with the same speed. Or else you'll eff it up

6. Rafael_paez87

Reputations:
    I've found a video on youtube, about a guy repasting with ic diamond a p34g v2 laptop. The CPU temperatures dropped from 91c to 86c. That's pretty good i think. I'm a little worried about the 91c for the CPU...high IMO.

7. µGamera

µGamera Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hmm, sounds like a plan.

8. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Given that this laptop has such a thin profile and little headroom for heat dissipation, I'd say that's normal for this type of laptop. When I get my laptop, I'm definitely going to undervolt the CPU and GPU (if possible).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

9. Rafael_paez87

Reputations:
    Here is the link of the video. I know heat sinks and pipes are pretty similar in both models. So it should be easy to repaste the CPU and GPU.

http://youtu.be/Lbn3PMfogzk

10. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    GenTech just shipped out my laptop; should be here Thursday. Ooh I'm so excited!

Also, for those who has the Intel 7260 chip, can you tell us if you're encountering any problems with it? I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the slow speed issue over on the MSI GS60 thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.