P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ah, that would explain things. Guess I'll have to wait patiently like it's Christmas. Meanwhile, my current laptop's hard drive has failed, and I'm now trying to run a few diagnostics software on it to see if I can still save it. Good thing I imaged the drive a few days back. Now I must survive a week, maybe even two, on mini XP using a live ISO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

2. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Haha oh man, you have to disconnect the subwoofer before removing the back panel.... You could have ruined your sub woofer. I thought I mentioned it before to not forget that!

As for this ground wire thing. I think you just had to push it in cause that's a flexible wire so just putt it in properly
    That's not an issue.

And the speakers are great. The windows 8 equalizer is awefull!.
    Downoad DFX audio enhancer and feel the power and crispness of the sound. When you download that. The best settings I found were
    That's the order of the number from top to bottom on the equalizer

3. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    But congrats on the laptop bro! Looks great! And idk but my keyboard never gets hot....

4. Kaze105

Kaze105 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got one big problem wit hthe GS60 and the P35W V2. To the owners of the laptop, is the bezel as huge as it looks? Im kinda leaning toward the y50 since the bezel for both of the other laptops looks thick.

5. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    I actually prefer it that way..... It's much more classic. This laptop is so classic and old school looking but packs some serious powers literally everyone who saw it told me why is your laptop old but then see what it can do and shhiitt their pants....
    And plus with the thickness of the screen. The hinges had to be flat and wide to support and provide strength. Unlike other laptops the hinge is like 0.35 inch thick but this laptop is like 0.08

So the strength had to be given somewhere else like the width of this hinge

6. shempmalone

shempmalone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You are getting 75c when playing demanding games? What kind of cooling pad do you have?!

7. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So someone asked a question on the P34G thread that intrigued me: what DO we do if the battery dies? It's not a [conveniently] replaceable one, and I'm not even sure if anyone will sell it.

8. Harpya

Harpya Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The laptop is beautiful, well built and powerful.

However, with the temperatures and noise it seems like the technology world is not yet ready for a slim gaming laptop.

While temperatures in the C 90s will certainly work for a time, it will erode and damage the equipment before long. I do not know of any technician/expert/reviewer who sees this differently.

Since I do not want to buy/sell a laptop every year, I am afraid I have to go for the Asus ROG G750J series, Too bad, really. :-(

9. ZugZug

ZugZug Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I tried G750 and ended up with P53G. G750 is not a laptop IMO, it's a portable desktop. If you'll have it mostly stationary, then it's a wonderful machine. But it's not something I would carry around all the time.

10. cmagruder

cmagruder Newbie

Reputations:
    The problem is if you ever move those the power cord will break and it will break its connection to the motherboard in the process. So you get planned obsolescence in another way. I'd just like a gaming laptop that can cool itself and won't lose the ability to have power. It unfortunately seems like too much to ask though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.