P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilverSky

TheSilverSky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What kind of magical fairy world do you live in where 90C is too hot for a <1" thick 15.6" laptop?

2. Rafael_paez87

Rafael_paez87 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So 90c for the gpu and 91c for the cpu are normal temperatures for these laptops??
    Does anyone knows where can i buy the bluray drive of this laptop? Because the model gigabyte sells here in Australia comes without the optical drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Someone should try undervolting the CPU using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and see if the temperatures get any better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

4. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    !! The gpu never gets to 90! Who said that?
    What! He plays in the sun ?

5. shempmalone

shempmalone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That seems to be normal for all of the new thin/light gaming laptops with the 870m (GS60 Pro, Blade).

6. chris_laptopfan

chris_laptopfan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A world called 'physics'? ;)
    I think 90°C are too hot no matter how thick the laptop is. A laptop's thickness has nothing to do with temps being too hot or not for a hardware component. It's not really surprising to see temps in this range on a thin laptop with a 870m, but that doesn't mean that these aren't too high temps.
    Nvidia for sure doesn't set it's throttling threshold on around 90°C, because they were funny about doing so, but to prevent the gpu of getting even hotter. Temps constantly in this region in my opinion can't be very healthy on the mid to long run...

7. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    Idk about you guys but I been checking my temps and the gpu seems to be at 75 and less...... So not sure what you guys are doing with yours. I just have mine on a cooling pad and I don't even turn the fans on the cooling pad lol

8. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just called GenTech and the lady told me it's still on preorder (should become available next week). Well at least now I have an affirmation. Where did you get yours from WhiteBoy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

9. Frugoo

Frugoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was having a lot of issues with my P35Wv2-CF1 laptop.
    • Keyboard heated up to 135F while paying games on Ultra such as Watch Dogs. This made a portion of the keyboard almost too hot to touch. The computer CPU & GPU reached about 90C during this event. I used a thermal temperature gun to measure the heat of the keyboard.
    • Fingerprint magnet&#8230; I started drawing things using my fingers on the back of the screen.
    • Wires are attached to the removable plastic backing which makes it a pain to open up the laptop to replace components.
    • The removable bay is only ejectable by using your fingernails to pull it out after unlocking it.
    • I had a weird issue where a metal-like tape (maybe used for grounding) bunched up when replacing the ODD with the HDD bay.
    • The speakers are under the computer, facing towards you. When I lay my hands over the keyboard to type or use the trackpad the sound gets badly muffled/distorted.
    • The screen has a huge frame around it an especially at the bottom. It reminded me of very old laptops, but the reasoning for this could be the slimness.

Things that I noticed, but it didn't really bother me.
    • The fans can get pretty loud when games play. Make sure you use a headset because no one wants to hear the fans on mic or yourself.

Good things?
    • You have the choice of on what side to connect your USB on. I&#8217;m a righty so plugging everything on the left reduces the amount of things my mouse has to stay clear of. It works out nicely that the Ethernet port is on the right too. The charger plug is curved so it doesn't stick out much on the right side.
    • I was able to play Watch Dogs and a few other games on Ultra with not too much lag. I did notice that Ultra isn't really playable when I was driving around fast in cars on Watch Dogs. Regardless this is a powerful laptop for the size.
    • SLIM! WOW! The screen is so thin and when it&#8217;s folded up it amazes me of the amount of performance this device packs.
    • The quality of the screen is amazing to me. My eyes don&#8217;t hurt after being on the computer for so long. I&#8217;m not sure if it&#8217;s the 1080p or the matte type display.
    • Heat on the computer is distributed so that there is almost no heat around the QWERT part of the keyboard down to the trackpad. This is nice if you plan to lay your hand on the computer while playing games.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harpya, onkelosuppo, RMXO and 2 others like this.
  10. WhiteBoySHady

Reputations:
    I got it from gentech

Gentech pc
    Xotic pc
    Excaliber

They all had maybe 4 or 5 shipped to them from gigabyte.
    So I wouldn't be surprised if they are sold out. I know gentech and excaliber are sold out.
    I literally was the first person to receive it from gentech.
    I have a past with them so I got it shipped the moment it hit the warehouse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.