P35W v2 News

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by shempmalone, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shempmalone

shempmalone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To sum it up:

Originally Posted by TheMightyKnight

So to help you, in case someone is too lazy to read the whole thread, here is a summary:

Battery: 5h approximately light use minimal brightness

Heat: under load 82-85 GPU 91CPU (max degrees celsius)

Noise: inaudible under normal use, 35dB-40dB under load, owners say it is way improved compared to p35k, so my guess is around 35-40dB but it isn't accurate data. Owners say noise is ok.

Screen: excellent image quality, might not be IPS

Build quality: good, feels solid, bottom is plastic, top is aluminium

Easiness to upgrade: RAM very easy 1-2 screws, for the rest you need to take out all screws

Easiness to change ODD for HDD: incredibly easy, hot swap, just push a button.

FPS tests: Crysis 3 ultra feels good, you can get decent FPS for Watchdogs in High, almost all modern games playable ultra around 35fps and high 60fps

That's it. If I forgot something, do not hesitate to say what

-----------------

For an extensive set of videos on the P35W v2, check out VGJFelix's Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY2hV7xJqrGzaQoTyIr5zvw

2. µGamera

µGamera Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Right now this is the laptop I'm gunning for without question
    I've gone and translated some of the titles of these Korean/Chinese videos and their captions.

HARDWARE

Gigabyte P35W V2 Boot Speed Test
    <iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B3Vuwphitac" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Takes about 16 seconds to boot to the desktop."

Gigabyte P35W V2 Power Consumption When Running 3DMARK
    <iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hc6WRckYbp0" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "P35W V2 power consumption when running 3DMARK falls between 119W to 125W, usually the game will use less power."

Gigabyte P35W V2 Power Consumption During Standby
    <iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k4xoDpqDxHc" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Gigabyte P35W V2 standby power consumption falls near 23 watts."

Gigabyte P35W V2 Using Shortcut key to Switch Directions
    <iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PWWa9P8XYGI" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    When you press the shortcut keys (F Keys?) on the Gigabyte P35W V2 keyboard when the laptop is in shortcut mode, the top center of the screen displays the various switch statuses as turned on or off, you can let the user know whether the state has the right to switch.

Gigabyte P35W V2 Battery Charge Indicator and Battery Indicator Button
    <iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A7zpl5ye0uY" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Just press the button on the battery charge indicator and the laptop does not turn the battery for usage. P35W V2 notebook battery status indicator." (VERY VERY LOSE TRANSLATION)

Gigabyte P35W V2 Quick Switching of the Keyboard Backlight
    <iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tnseyAHPAds" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Just press the FN + spacebar to quickly switch the backlight, you can choose to (3 settings) turn off, brightness to 50% and brightness to 100%"

GAMING
    Don't take Lim Hyuntaek's (LH) videos seriously, they use low settings, have a really garbage framerate (via recording software) and do not show the true potential of this laptop.

Diablo 3 P35W V2 Test (Crappy screen recorder, low settings)(LH)
    <iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lOkYuBkAsu0" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

P35W V2 Black Desert Test Video (Crappy screen recorder, low settings)(LH)
    <iframe width='560' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VJIL4y1y2hY" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can I see some shots and size comparisons of the laptop itself, anyone from PAX 2014?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    Cloudfire and shempmalone like this.
  3. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm looking forward to some information about this model, particularly GPU performance and temperatures since we can already assume the rest from the P35G v2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

4. WhiteBoySHady

WhiteBoySHady Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok so this laptop will be out next week Monday or Tuesday so we shall see then
    I already pre ordered mine. I had the p35k which is the same but 765m graphics
    But I sold it last week
    I'll see how it goes next week eeeep so excited

5. dennis96411

Reputations:
    Be sure to keep us updated with reviews! :)

WhiteBoySHady likes this.
  6. no00wa

no00wa Newbie

Reputations:
    Would really like to know how this laptop performs as well, been looking at all the MSI models before but am now down to the p35w v2 and p25w v2 (bit bigger, but maybe also better cooling?)!

Hope i can make an informative decision soon, need one early June.

7. Frugoo

Frugoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are there any pictures of what this system looks like under the hood? I'd like to know if the mSATA is the special fitted type like MSI is using (GS60 Ghost Pro) or if they're the standard ones.

8. Bjørkeris

Bjørkeris Newbie

Reputations:
    I've tried to read up on this laptop and found out that the P35K had problems with heat and therefore alot of noise from the fan. Has Gigabyte done anything to improve the thermaldesign on the P35W?

9. dennis96411

Reputations:
    Well, they redesigned the fans on the P34G, so I'm hoping that they did the same with the P35s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

10. Lythandra

Lythandra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is probably the one I am going to get also.

I'm waiting for a few reviews first tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.