P34G v3 news

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by olakiril, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Might be the minority here, but yes, VGA saved my life when I had to use my W110er connected in VGA to a projector for a class I was teaching for one semester ^^
    Also right now I am using two screens (sort of) with that laptop, one in HDMI the other in VGA. So yeah, I'm not against it...As a matter of fact, what's so bad about VGA?

2. ChrisCS

ChrisCS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am also in favor of VGA, but only because at uni we've only VGA projectors. The drawbacks are that, being VGA an analog signal, you cannot just buy an adapter for HDMI/DP. You can buy a special converter from analog to digital but it's not cheap (and not that reliable from what I've heard), being the only other option an adapter to a DVI connection (used only in desktop monitors and older TVs AFAIK), and only if it supports both analog/digital. Besides, VGA does not output audio, and I'm not sure but I think the maximum resolution is very limited.

I guess that for most people VGA is actually a drawback, as it's as "previous gen" as it can get, and clearly the future resides in HDMI and DisplayPort, but as previously stated, the P34w might be the perfect machine for a businessman on the go who also wants gaming capabilities.

3. fanchiuho

fanchiuho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yup, hence my reference to those 2 user-groups in the OP. Pure gamers always have the option to go for AORUS and the like, they're marketed towards them anyway.
    A crappy analogy would be like an Audi versus a Lotus.

TheNightWolf likes this.
  4. Pixelproof

Pixelproof Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Notbookcheck has now made a review of the P34w v3. They like it a lot except for the fan noise and some other smaller things.
    Link here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-P34W-v3-Notebook-Review.135573.0.html
    They also tested the battery life, and it isn't really good. Only 4.7 hours while surfing the web isn't really cutting it for me, since I will use it for school, so I have to find another laptop. Razer Blade 14 could be an alternative, but I live in Europe, and it won't come here, so it seems like I have to go with a normal, less-powerfull laptop.

5. heavenly_wild

heavenly_wild Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think the heat and throttling issues are going to make me consider the bigger brother, the P35W.

6. vinny3

vinny3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Evidently, when you repaste with IC7 or Liquid Pro the throttling is a non issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.