P34G v3 news

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by olakiril, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amonite

amonite Newbie

Reputations:
    True that VGA has nothing to offer, except maybe as some pointed out if you are in an environment that still use it as the main connection for screens and videoprojector. My old university was like that :(.

In the end it is a matter of preference. Coming from a MacBook I do like the new razer blade, but the price tag and limited evolution (especially RAM) makes me prefer the p34w. I believe it would last longer if you can upgrade it. Plus the 2 year worldwide guarantee from gigabyte is not to be overlooked

TheNightWolf likes this.
  2. Oxford_Guy

Oxford_Guy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Razer only has HDMI, no mini display port or VGA. Though I'd rather have a miniDisplay port

3. Oxford_Guy

Reputations:
    Assuming it's going to come to Europe, I think I'm now going to hold out for this (announced yesterday), even if it only has 96xM graphics (which seems likely): http://rog.asus.com/399392015/g-ser...light-15-inch-gaming-laptop-with-4k-pcie-ssd/

4. Pixelproof

Pixelproof Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    VGA is really useful for students and people in business for holding presentations on projectors. In most places, at least in some countries, most projectors only use VGA. (I'm a student in Norway and, and most school projectors here need VGA). It's a lot easier to just have a VGA port instead of fiddling with adapters etc.

5. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's nice. I'd like a 14" version. But holding out by then. You will hear sky lake. Nvidias next gen announced. And seeing radeons hbm graphics being released and then you Prob will want to hold out for that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Pixelproof

Reputations:
    Ninja's with only a few seconds, it looks great, but I would much rather have 14 inches and a better graphics chip.

7. Oxford_Guy

Reputations:
    True, though a VGA port on a laptop is fugly as hell IMHO. Also, more and more projectors are starting to use HDMI and/or displayport

8. Oxford_Guy

Reputations:
    I agree 14" would be nicer (don't mind losing the numpad either), though this looks like it has a smaller footprint than some recent 15" offerings and I could live with it. Anyway, I can't hold out for ever, want something new by end Q2 latest

9. Pixelproof

Reputations:
    Yeah, I wish it had a mini displayport too

10. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:

yea my laptops must NOT have a numpad on there. im too use to my hands on the end of the keyboard knowing that the "enter" button is there without looking for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.