P34G v3 news

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by olakiril, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pcguy07

Pcguy07 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Its very rare to receive a response so knowledgable, well thought out and easy to understand for the "layman". I truly appreciate your post. Thank you Solandri.

2. apploy

apploy Newbie

Reputations:
    P34Wv3 CF2 showed up today via FedEx from ExcaliberPC.

CPU is i7-4720, GPU is 970M 3GB

First impression is pretty good. Feels impressively light. Build seems solid enough. Low key but no blemishes or loose parts that I can see. Screen looks nice.

Fan turns on and off and ramps up sometimes with general use, though not much once I switched to stealth fan mode. It is about as loud as I'd expect, not deafening. I had it on my bare lap during some install stuff and it didn't heat up enough to bother me.

Unfortunately I'm on sucky wifi today so I haven't gotten many games on yet. Probably not the best test of anything but I maxed out every setting I could find in League (the only game that I managed to get installed so far) and couldn't get the DPS to drop at all from the set 60. CPU core max temps during game 79-80C, GPU max temp 64C according to HW monitor. I felt the underside after gaming and it was warm but not enough to light me up. Never felt any heat through the keyboard.

Surprisingly little extra junk preinstalled. And most of the stuff that initially looked like junk was actually useful. Smart updater that covers many of the drivers and Smart manager that gives direct control of fan, bluetooth, video, usb settings etc.

So far I'm happy with the purchase

Just realized after writing that this post is titled P34G. Hopefully this info on the W is useful.

Amal77, vinny3, ChrisCS and 1 other person like this.
  3. DuX

DuX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How is the track pad? (i use one all the time when not gaming).

4. apploy

apploy Newbie

Reputations:
    I used it for the first hour or so until I plugged in my mouse. I've never used the P34 v2 so I'm not sure if it was updated.

It seems average size. There is a separate (single) button which covers right/left click. While I was using it it seemed fine. Nothing really quirky or annoying though I didn't try to game with it. It was easy to disable the pad thru the desktop app.

5. vinny3

vinny3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's awesome! What do you think is the approx size and weight of the PSU?

6. ChrisCS

ChrisCS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Congrats for the purchase!
    If you could make a small video review it would be amazing :D
    I'm real curious about the black chassis, gaming temps and screen quality.

7. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Agreed!
    Please let us know how loud the fans get under load with nice long gaming marathon.

8. amonite

amonite Newbie

Reputations:
    Congrats! This laptop really ticks many boxes for me

I agree a small video review would be very cool! I am also curious about build quality (especially after the bad review on the new aorus x3+). It may be a bit early but an idea of how the battery withstand in a office/web browsing usage would also interest me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Congrats on your purchase! :)
    So, 3bg of vram finally?...Hm, if you can, could you run a game like Shadow of Mordor on ultra, 1080p, see if the 3gb will be a problem or nothing to worry about.
    Some words about the build quality would also be welcome: I'm considering this laptop, but I have been a firm clevo buyer for the past 6 years!

10. Pcguy07

Pcguy07 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So awesome! Mine won't be here for another week I bet.

Video would be great if you could. I would also like to know dimensions of the psu. What else can you say about the chassis? I would also love what info you could give regarding battery life on wifi and video.

Congrats and thanks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.