P34G v3 news

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by olakiril, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nivaku

Nivaku Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm very interested in seeing how loud this unit gets when the GPU and CPU is on load, if it's better than the previous versions. Also would like to know the max temps on both GPU and CPU. I hope even on idle or basic tasks it's whisper quiet and doesn't randomly go on.

This laptop is definitelyon my list. I'm also interested in the Razer v3 is they are making it

2. Solandri

Solandri Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Here's the test to failure of the 777 wing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2HmvAXcU0

And here's an old Thinkpad crash test commercial. You can see why you want some flex. the less flex there is, the greater the resulting forces (same reason why bungee jumping is safe while hitting concrete is not - the deceleration happens over a greater distance).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw78gcU713g

As a structural engineer, the most baffling trend to me has been people buying phones with metal bodies, then wrapping them in a huge case to protect against drops. Just get a phone with a plastic body instead of metal and you don't need a huge case to protect it.

3. Solandri

Solandri Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    double post

4. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Idk about other people, but I prefer metal over plastic because it feels more premium to me. Rigidity may not man more strength, but it makes a product feel better to me.

5. Oxford_Guy

Oxford_Guy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Though the 970M is actually better, no? The 965M would be cheaper, though

6. AlexSSE

AlexSSE Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, does anybody knows exact parameters for p34 g/w power supply? Will razers blade one work with gigabyte?

7. LVNeptune

LVNeptune Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Should be 150w, same as the Aorus...No confirmation though.

8. LVNeptune

LVNeptune Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Also if anyone wants to order the razer blade power supply from Razer for $100 PM me for info. (not posting publically)

9. Hephaestos

Hephaestos Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for the links! Very interesting. Indeed, couldn't agree more with the phones trend - but customers still tend to perceive metal as solid, reliable, strong.
    My defense of flexing notebook body design was weakened by the fact that there are many bad designs around - here is is one shocking example: look at post #60 and linked photos of cracked screen frame after one month use, Aorus X3 Plus:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/gig...-aorus-x3-x3-owners-lounge-6.html#post9893040

10. 0utf0xZer0

0utf0xZer0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The one that always surprised me was the use of glass in phones.

Aside from drops, there's two scenarios where I really worry about damaging my laptop:
    1) Crowded trains. I worry about falling or even just leaning against the wall with my laptop backpack on. Not sure some of these really thin designs could take the pressure.
    2) Restaurants. I usually stow my backpack under the table and I sometimes worry about someone accidentally kicking it when they try to get up.

So impact/pressure to the LCD basically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.