P1xxEM Chassis Material?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Zephyril, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altair4

Altair4 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just a quick question - can anyone clarify whether the P170xM's "aluminum finish" means that the lid and palmrest area are actually covered by a sheet of aluminum with plastic underneath, is aluminum entirely, or plastic entirely with the look/texture of brushed aluminum? Thanks.

2. soundsyst64

soundsyst64 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I might try to paint the palm rest or possible the entire chasis in different color schemes on my lappy :D

3. Zephyril

Zephyril Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I picked up a can of Rust-Oleum Black Night Metallic Spray. I'm going to try applying it heavily and then using a brush to get a faux brushed aluminum look. Unfortunately, with a clear coat, it won't feel anything like anodized aluminum. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, though.

I'll let you guys know tomorrow! It isn't exactly high-end stuff (It was only $6 + tax), but I hope it'll be a step up from the P151xM's basic plastic.

Just for clarification, I'm trying this on my Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB AC adapter. It's already kind of textured, and I'm not certain how much that'll show through or how much will get sanded away.

4. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Definitely try a few coats. And take pics :)

In my experience Krylon Fusion is the best to paint plastics though..

5. aduy

aduy Keeping it cool since 93'

Reputations:
    i personally prefer this finish on my laptops and my tablet it gives a good feel RustOleum.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.