]]>

P170em with eurocom mb - gpu update

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Keicchan, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Keicchan

Keicchan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everybody,

i was following the topic about gpu update of the p170em but due to some problems with the motherboard (video output to the lcd cocked) i've changed the mb last year to a eurocom one to save my laptop from the bin.

Now i'm struggling to have a stable system with the 7970m card, enduro system and windows 10 without a total freeze in driver update or installation from zero.. seems i've found a stable configuration with some amd software and drivers configuration (not the newest).. but i guess it's time to switch that damn gpu card to a geforce.

For the price i was aiming to a 970m or 980m so that's bring to my question.. i've checked requirement about bios update and what i've now bring me some new chaos in mind.. before doing something very very stupid as brick it with the wrong one i'm here for ask for informations:

my current system bios say:

eurocom motherboard p170EMx
    bios rev: 1.02.16
    kbc/ec firmware rev: 1.02.12

now my question: i've to change it with prema bios or not in order to make a 9xxm geforce work?
    there will be any problem changing it with my current motherboard?

Regards and thanks for help

kei

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes to make the 9xx series work you would need to flash it.

3. Keicchan

Keicchan Newbie

Reputations:
    eurocom anwer me yesterday

"Your motherboard should have arrived with the newest BIOS available already installed. Any new card you purchase from us will have the correct vBIOS loaded on it. If you are moving from AMD to NVidia, you will need to get a new heatsink."

ok i know i need a different one for the 1070... but for 980m also?.. it's that correct?..

i can even use the 1070 ... for only 1081€ taxes, shipping etc... not cheap ;D.. but it's something