P157SM heavily modded speakersystem

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Danishblunt, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Those boxes where the speakers are in.

[​IMG]

2. TheDantee

TheDantee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ok I know those so u need small ones in your laptop?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Well obviously yes. You need to build them yourself because you can't flatout buy boxes for your notebook.

4. TheDantee

TheDantee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can't just take the older speaker out our new one in or carve a bigger hole for the new ones to fit?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    íf you can make it fit, go ahead, but it's very unlikely. Most speakers look like this:
    [​IMG]

Good luck janking that in without modyfying anything.

You can buy good speakers and cut them out, then building your own boxes as large as possible in your notebook.

Also it's very important to note, that the resistance (ohm) should be the same as your previous speakers.

6. DM g

DM g Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for respond, I can handle solderthings but boxes not my thing. Can you suggest good 2w and 4w speakers for your device eventually they are clevo I can try carve thing and pray. I'II find my watt somehow. I don't like carry external speakers.

7. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    It really depends on your depth of the case. Some speakers are higher than others and could possible not fit. If you want other than P750 stock speakers, then I'm afraid you need to build your own boxes. Maybe you can find a 3dprinter at school or something to design and print some boxes?

I build my own speakers from the stock P157SM speakers, they were rather good but had the problem that they sorely lacked a box. Due to the very limited height I made long boxes, the subwoofer was completely custom tho.

If you got the depth and your speakers are around 2Watts and 4ohm, then you can try some older MSI GT 70 speakers, you need to cut them out of the boxes and then make your own, then solder the wires to your connector so it fits your board.

EDIT:
    Can you at some point dissassemble your notebook and show me how much room you got? ou got 2W speakers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
  8. DM g

DM g Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Of course, I never disassembled it so much yet but I will try. My warranty just end January, I m working about bios, vbios modding and egpu.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-17-3-034-GT70-MS-1763-Left-Right-Internal-Speaker-Set-/121721324820

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/MSI-GT70-GT...978777?hash=item25e5d8c599:g:BloAAOSw0A9aFfxG

I found these two.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  9. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    It's important that you see how much space you have first, because after some research it seems you have VERY limited space.

If my research proves to be correct GT 70 speakers won't ever fit, unless you plan on cutting your mainboard.

10. DM g

DM g Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Screenshot_20180210-042753.png Screenshot_20180209-052741.jpg Screenshot_20180210-042753.png Screenshot_20180209-052741.jpg Screenshot_20180210-042753.png Screenshot_20180209-052741.jpg
    I came here but there must be two screws to remove top cover but I just broke one clips in my keyboard. Its hard to dissambly but if 870dm has the same size speaker with me I have its picture.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.