P157SM heavily modded speakersystem

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Danishblunt, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    You don't simply swap. You have to build your own actual speakers. Every notebook has different speakers which are all custom build, you'll have to do the same if you plan on getting better speakers.

Also software is also important because you need your amp to give enough power to the speakers, otherwise you'll get very silent speakers.

2. TheDantee

TheDantee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can't just buy speakers and cut out the parts u don't need to make em fit?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    You need as much air as possible, it's important to use all the space you can to create boxes, because the speakers get their depth from compressing the air. When you have to small boxes or in clevos case none (lol) you get extremely tiny sound.

KY_BULLET likes this.
  4. TheDantee

Reputations:
    Provide any internal images?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    I am currently at work so I can't right now. I'll make a video on how I did the whole process once I can finally find some time.

You need to look at a lot of stuff, for instance how many watts to your AMP provides and how many your speakers can handle. You can't just buy some random speakers and put them in.

For instance when you have an AMP that can provide up to 3 Watts per speaker and buy some 1.5W speakers, what basicially will happen is that the speakers will get so warm and start to melt. If you buy speakers which can handle up to 5 Watts then the speaker will be really quiet. Also the box and how you make the box will determine how much bass your speakers will be able to provide.

I liked having a rather heavy and deep bass so my subwoofer was build like this:
    [​IMG]

If you want a more balanced sound you need to make a sealed box.
    Also it's very important that you can control your AMP with proper software. For instance the XFI software provided by Clevo is utter garbage It will limit your system completely and produce very bad sound even on good speakers.

For instance on my P157SM the sounddriver did the sound like this:
    - very highs speakers only
    - Highs on mostly speakers + Sub
    - Mids on Sub only
    - Lows mostly speakers + sub
    - very lows not present

This is very noticable when you already have a notebook or another sound system that provides proper sound. The notebook on stock really doesn't utilize the subwoofer nearly as much as it should.

This is my sound drivers I run on:
    [​IMG]

I created my own personal sound drivers (dB = danishblunt) and made it compatible with Dolby DIgital Studio because it's EQ is quite good compared to other solutions.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2018
    triturbo and KY_BULLET like this.
  6. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How did you make your drivers? If you want/have time to explain.

Also, current laptop speakers are a joke, my old old Asus N53SM has bigger speaker and speaker boxes than what is today called subwoofer on laptops, and Clevos in particular have a joke of a sound system with tiny oval speaker in tiny boxes, with lots of space around, whyyy...

7. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Depending on your notebook your speakers might even be unfinished. In my case my speakers were unfinished products. They were open, meaning absolutely tinny and bad. Can you tell me what model you have?

8. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Dont have a Clevo, worked in a repair center for multiple brands that also did insurance service, got some Clevos, the speakers where always hillariously small, and yes, the glue/welding of the parts of the boxes where also sub-par.

But Toshiba is the same, only the old old Qosmios had good sound, the rest, 10mm or smaller drivers.

9. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    yeah those with harmon kardon where really good. L702x beats them still tho, they went ful on yolo with those speakers and subwoofer.

Also it isn't always about the size of the speakers. Some are big, but have small boxes or very terrible performance. I've seen big 1.5watt speakers with a small coil, causing them to sound bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2018
  10. DM g

DM g Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @Danishblunt I have a clevo p750dmg and my right speaker is crackling every 2 month after replacement, I want to change it with better one. I dont know which speaker compatible.I know your first topic watt is important, *what is the other important things?* *Which speaker would you suggest?* How can I know my speaker model number to know other information off my speaker.(I just know its onkyo)

11. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Normally speaker watts are printed on the bottom of the speakers. I don't know the speakers on the P750. However you know that you need to build your own boxes once you found speakers right? Because if you buy different speakers the boxes will obviously be different from what you have on your P750. Also you need to have solderthings ready in order to solder your cables.

12. TheDantee

Reputations:
    What do u mean by boxes?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.