P150EM upgrade GPU to GTX 1060

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Eurocom Support, Nov 25, 2016.

1. kothletino

kothletino Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hope, what is the expected price?

2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The graphicsscore is way to low, even the stock 1060 manages over 14.5k. You probably need to adjust some things in the EM, which BIOS did it run?

Now this peaks my interest, how are the temps on the 1070? And how does that modded heatsink look like? I'm interested in getting a better GPU cooling solution on my notebook as well. If you got something that can even keep a 1070 cool, then saying I'm interested is an understatement.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  3. Eurocom Support

Eurocom Support Company Representative

Reputations:
    Please contact our Sales Team for more details related to upgrades and heatsinks mods. We will post some pics on our website too and do upgrade video once all testing is done.

Dendrit3, steberg, Tornator and 2 others like this.
  4. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Will do! Thanks for the update :)

5. SMGJohn

SMGJohn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah I noticed how hot the 1070 gets and scores so poorly for a 1070 that I personally think that people should just stick to the 1060 on the P150EM, as you can jump the TDP to 100 - 115W and it maybe overclock it a little as you get a lot of headroom, mine got 60 degrees at its hottest and never above, which leaves a lot of headroom to play with, the 1070 wont let you have any headroom.
    I will do a TDP increase when I get the equipment and see how much more I can push this card.

6. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Keep me updated on the results. I'm getting myself a pascal as well at the start of the next month and would want to know if a TDP increase is worth it or not.

7. Dendrit3

Dendrit3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Im really interested in how the 1070 performs on the p370sm3, are we going to get bench stats and heat temps on it soon? :)

Edit: Has the 1060 been tested on the p370sm3? Would like to see stats on that as well, can't seem to find one.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  8. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    While this is a P370EM master GPU ram/vram heatsink, if the P150EM heatsink is similar then the areas in red are what would need to be ground down to fit

Certainly it's what would be needed if this card is put into a P370EM

Also, the ridge up the back doesn't completely contact the VRMs. I have this same issue with my MSI 1070's. What I did was cut two sections of thermal pads of different thickness (I think from memory it's about a 2mm strip of 4mm thick pad, and 4mm strip of 2mm thick but goddammit I should have taken a pic when I had it apart on the weekend!) and make sure the whole surface area of every VRM was covered. Very important if you intend to TDP mod.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  9. kothletino

kothletino Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys could somebody send me the vbios for msi 1060 mxm from gt62/72 vr, which will be compatible with clevo P170EM please?
    And question, is it possible to flash the vortex 1060 directly by clevo p170em?

10. Zix

Zix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You shouldn't need a specific vbios for the P170EM. ;)

Try with the stock one first, if you need another version send me a message.