P-7811FX still locking up with 177.92 drivers

Discussion in 'Gateway and eMachines' started by Luscious, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jas0ndotc0m

jas0ndotc0m Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    this is interesting. i hav the 2888 model and im having an issue with crysis at high(not even he max) settings, installed the newest bios (9c.10.00) or something like that, and the newest nvidia driver 178.29 and now my computer is slowing down just as the video starts. i can play cs for a while w/o any lockups but as soon as video or gameplay starts on crysis my pc lags overall, anyone got the same problem?

2. jas0ndotc0m

Reputations:
    it's fine when i turned most of the video settings to medium, around 25fps, still a little laggy however, high is around 10-15fps, and no matter what setting I get 0-1fps when I turn on Anti Aliasing (only tried 8x), and I am now reading that the new crysis performs better and looks better o_O confirm?

3. Eurasianman

Eurasianman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is the back of the notebook propped up?

4. jas0ndotc0m

Reputations:
    yeah a little under and inch and i also did that paper trick so the hot air could not go back in, it seems anti aliasing kills my pc completely and the game can run pretty decent when i turn everything to medium with 1280x1024(full screen) resolution so im pretty stumped

5. UltimateUber

UltimateUber Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried propping up the back of mine 1 inch with a book, but it didn't help. 3dmak06 freezes the computer after 2 minutes. I called seneca data, the company that handles the warranty, and got an answering machine that told me to leave a message and they will call be back in 24 to 48 hours...

6. Shawnasee

Shawnasee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does your serial number start with a P2887 or P2888?

I would like to pursue this line of thinking that DuVader and Luscious brought up earlier.

For those of you who are not experiencing lockups, please provide the first 5 digits of your serial number.

For those of you who ARE experiencing lockups, please provide the first 5 digits of your serial number.

Please do not provide your whole serial number.

7. jas0ndotc0m

Reputations:
    p2888 it only locksup when I turn on Anti Aliasing (only tried 8x) on Crysis

8. UltimateUber

UltimateUber Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, it is a 2887 as I said previously. Seneca data has not yet responded to my message.

9. f10167

f10167 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My TD refurbished p2887 is experiencing the lockups as well. The fan will suddenly stop working and then the system just lockups itself. Anyways, gateway have setup a RMA for me and the shipping label and box are on their way.

10. cyclist14

cyclist14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try using the nVidia beta drivers, if you haven't fixed this already, seeing this thread is 4 months old:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.