P-7805u

Discussion in 'Gateway and eMachines' started by fbettis, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sturg13

sturg13 Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't see any way to modify CPUID Hardware Monitor. I don't see anyway to change any settings or anything. Sorry I'm bugging you guys to death, I'm just worried with how hot its feeling, my old laptop didn't get near this hot but it wasn't a gaming laptop either.

2. kravis

kravis Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If you go to the HWMonitor program folder (C:\Program Files\CPUID\HWMonitor) and open hwmonitorw.ini, you can set the CPU_0_TJMAX value to use there.

3. sturg13

sturg13 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just can't win.. when I try to save it, it tells me access was denied, I tried to open it with notepad instead of wordpad and it tells me it can't create it to make sure the path and file name are correct?

4. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Eeked a bit more, 3DMark06 1280x800 12,595..............

5. sturg13

sturg13 Newbie

Reputations:
    yeah, its me again. I was wondering if its possible to set up hyper threading on this laptop? I'm just not getting the performance I should be.

6. Ultimate Destruction

Ultimate Destruction Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You are at the top of what can be done if you are unwilling to do the very difficult: gaining soldering skills and then OCing the FSB, buying 1333MHz RAM and lowering the timings on that to 6,6,6,20, and getting a Core 2 Quad up and running.

I'm just messing with you. The x9100 @ 3.7 GHz is overkill for probably any game and I believe you tried the easy route to OCing the FSB and that didn't work and who knows how much the FSB OCing would help with your already OCed CPU.

7. tedcr

tedcr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    O.K. Sturg13, you are not going to like this response but you need to view it as tough love.

Either get some basic Windows training or get a computer literate friend over to your house and have him/her check out your system.

Basics like;

De-fragging your hard drive.
    Removing Windows Clutter.
    Downloading a tool such as CCleaner and learning to run it.
    Checking for and installing latest Windows updates and SPs.
    Installing latest drivers.
    Checking your start up folder and eliminating unnecessary resource hogs.

It is extremely difficult to help you regarding this issue because no one knows the condition of your laptop and OS. You need a solid base from which to start before you can begin to troubleshoot a specific issue, let alone a general and vague 'performance' issue.

It's difficult to assist not just because you are a newbie. Nothing wrong with that. It's simply a condition that can and should be rectified by time and effort and therein lies the concern. You've spent time on your previous laptop yet seem oblivious to even the most basic of Windows diagnostics, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures. Since you do not possess the knowledge, you cannot communicate that condition either.

Again, here is what you must do. Get someone over to your house to train you on those basics. You must have a friend who will do that for dinner and a movie. If not, Pay a professional to troubleshoot it and MORE IMPORTANTLY, teach you the basics.

Then, if necessary, come back here to get specific information and help because there are specific issues you can address with these laptops. Issues by the way you could address by searching this forum and applying the answers if only you could.

Don't give up on your laptop. I don't play WOW but I know this laptop has plenty of guts to run it.

Invest the time and energy to get a little hands on help and it will carry you through other issues in the future. And believe me, where PCs are concerned there will be future issues.

8. xlawx

xlawx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    what do you want a laptop to do? this laptop is an awesome laptop it compete with some of the laptop that are out today!

9. nindustrialny

nindustrialny Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nice clocs. I get artifacts with shader at 1800.

10. zzvelik

zzvelik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone install a second hard drive for the p-7805u with Windows 7? If so, which hard drive would you recommended and which accessories are required (i.e. cables/screws)?

I plan on using the 2nd drive mainly for storage and possibly use the 1st in a dual boot OS configuration, but I've also heard of people using an SSD as the first drive and the original drive as the storage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.