P-6860FX Still kicking lol

Discussion in 'Gateway and eMachines' started by F34R, Jan 27, 2017.

1. F34R

F34R Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know it's an old lappy now, but it's still chugging away just fine. I had to bring it out of the closet just in case I needed it to test a hdd from our Sammy 7.

I fiddled around with it, updated everything, and played a little Diablo 3 on it lol. Still does really well. Proud of this little beastie.

Anyone else still using theirs?

2. fiziks

fiziks Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    And I thought my P-7811FX was old! Kudos to you for keeping that laptop going.

TANWare likes this.
  3. nindustrialny

nindustrialny Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I bought mine 8/9 years ago. Still playing a lot of oldies, but sometimes also try newer games based on DX9/10. 7805u still kicks. OCed of course. I am not thinking about new machine because have work/children and have no time for playing for the whole days.

4. RxMonkey

RxMonkey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey I knOw this is super old. Sorry to ressurect an old thread. I dug mine out and it boots but it's super slow. I want to have my daughter play Minecraft with it. It's so laggy, it's unplayable. I'm thinking of doing a reformat and clean install. Would it be worth it to put a small ssd in it you think?

5. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    A basic SSD, sure, just make sure you get the right kind of drive (SATA 2.5-inch, I'd think). Starting with a clean install is a good idea with an older machine.

Charles

TANWare likes this.