Owner's Thread: Dell Inspiron 7000 series

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Akvavit, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serhii

Serhii Newbie

Reputations:
    I am sorry, but it is very hard for largest companies in the world make something that works. ((

2. scarletfever

scarletfever Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had the same problem regarding the tabket mode when I reinstalled windows 10, on the 7000 15" 2 in 1. I went on the Dell site and basically installed all of their drivers. Unfortunately I am not sure which one exactly it was that caused it to work again. If you sort the drivers by installation order, I THINK it was one of the last two or three in the 'drivers' section.

3. Xathos

Xathos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am contemplating buying an Inspiron 15 7000 series with 4k UHD screen at bestbuy for my niece. I read on notebookcheck.com that the UHD screen is dim. I own an XPS 15 9530 with the QHD+ 3200x1800 screen, which I love and whose brightness I find adequate. Is it really that much worse? Thanks. Also has the screen changed at all with the move to 6th generation skylake CPUs?

5. JTOverath

JTOverath Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  6. glenngaucigrech

glenngaucigrech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone had any idea why audio through jack plug is so horribke ? Am i missing something .. No matter what headphone type i use .. And equaliser is greyed out when i go into settings

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

7. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    anyone able to make the search button work with Windows 10? I only get the letter "f" when I press the search key. I have quickset installed but seems to dosen't make a difference

8. benandfaith

benandfaith Newbie

Reputations:
  9. jedisurfer1

jedisurfer1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Looking at a dell inspiron i7548 with 4k uhd screen. Has anyone tried 1x16gb sodimm? Is there anything else I should know about this laptop? I would like to add a 2nd hard drive if possible.

10. Coltaine79

Coltaine79 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I recently upgraded my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 (7347) to Windows 10.

I found that the "INTEL MANAGEMENT ENGINE" driver posted on the Dell site for this model/OS combination is NOT good. In particular it can cause the machine to NOT wake up from sleep!

So i installed all the Windows 10 drivers except for Intel Management Engine. Which is staying on the same version from the machine's original Win8.1 install. So far so good; even with an old Win8.1 driver, the machine is able to sleep correctly. Since I use the machine at home only, I don't think I need any of the "intel mgmt engine" driver's features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.