Owner's Thread: Dell Inspiron 13 7347 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Ged.droid, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ged.droid

Ged.droid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HI everyone,

Since no one's started a thread for the 7347, I thought I'd start.

I'm curious is anyone's tried putting an SSD, and if so, if they can post their performance.
    So far so good, I'm enjoying my 7347. It a nice size and weight.

Here's two links to other related forums, incase you've missed them.

Inspiron 11 3147 2 in 1 - Shares similar 'yoga' design. Might be worth checking out, as this model shares similar physical attributes
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/del...ner-s-thread-dell-inspiron-11-3147-2-1-a.html

Inspiron 7000 series - Big place, lots of information.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/del...owner-s-thread-dell-inspiron-7000-series.html

Cheers,
    Gedsdead

2. EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have and it is quite the difference. I have the model with the i3 and 4 gb of ram. I upgraded to 8gb of ram and a 240gb kingston drive which has a 450/450 mbps speed rating. It is awesome now. I also did a fresh install, instead of cloning the drive, so I have a clean windows 8.1 install. I received mine last Saturday, put the ram in monday and the SSD yesterday.

Totally worth the 160 dollar upgrade and 2 hours of effort.

3. Ged.droid

Reputations:
    That's sweet.

We just had the boxing day specials and I picked up an Sammy 840 EVO, so i'm anxious to get in installed.

How did you do a fresh install, if the install software is on the mechanical HD?

4. mom2ninjas

mom2ninjas Newbie

Reputations:
    My husband ordered me this 2n1 and it should be arriving tomorrow. Has anyone tried handwriting on this? Dell told me their active stylus would improve my experience with this system. I need good handwriting and would love to draw digitally. My husband will be disappointed if this doesn't work for what I need it. So I am worried about it a little bit.

5. EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13 Newbie

Reputations:
    That and a USB stick.

Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

6. Ged.droid

Reputations:
    AFAIK, the Stylus is not active, so for example, hovering over anything has no results, its the same as hovering your finger over.
    I just tried opening paint, and tried using it. Its okay, you have to press firm enough, but you can't hold it in one place, otherwise it will think you're trying to right click/Long Press. You can disable this in Windows "Pen and Touch" settings. You'll probably want to find a fine tip compatible stylus if you envision painting a lot. But this won't substitute a Wacom Digitizer.
    Post a reply if you find a better stylus pen.

7. mom2ninjas

mom2ninjas Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered Dell's active stylus. Got it before the computer. Lol. Will see how it works. Really hoping this works out. Will post my findings after I try it. If the computer ever shows up. Lol

8. Ged.droid

Reputations:
    It looks like two BIOS's have emerged, oddly, both released on the same day:

Version A02, A02
    Fixes & Enhancements
    - Improve display experience
    - Support Dell Power Companion

Version A03, A03
    Fixes & Enhancements
    Fixes
    -1.Improved Adapter warning message behavior.
    -2.Improved Ambient Light Sensor control backlight keyboard behavior

I just tried flashing A03, since I have been seeing a few issues with an error message both in windows or during boot up - " AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined". This usually occurs if I plug the AC power pin into the device really slowly. Even running A03, I can still reproduce the error. So I resort to plugging it in more quickly.

I wish there were more details or release notes on the BIOS updates.

Can anyone comment on the fixes ?

9. mom2ninjas

mom2ninjas Newbie

Reputations:
    My less than a week old machine has the soft touch finish literally peeling off of the bottom of it. They are sending me a new on next week since the display was not properly fitted into the housing and is displaying a number of issues. Red color to screen, flickering, and sensitivity issues. Have to say I am really disappointed in this so far. I hope the replacement does better, but at this point I am not going to hold my breathe.

10. GeoGoGo

GeoGoGo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,

My boss handed me an Inspiron 13 7347 from one of our bigger clients and tasked me with finding out if Windows 7 Professional can be installed on it. Does anyone know if there are drivers available? I have downgraded to 7 on other machines and it was a hunt for a lot of the drivers. My main concern that this is a new laptop and not all drivers may be available.

Any information, suggestions, or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank so much and stay warm!

Respectfully,

George D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.