Owner's Thread: Dell Inspiron 11 3147 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by scottyinco, Jul 24, 2014.

1. numero

numero Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I inherited an Inspiron 11 3148 and was excited for abit! Good size. Handy. Great on the move. Now it's a nightmare as the touchscreen wouldn't work at all ... Dell factory recovery to 8.1 .. no go. Fresh installation to 8.1 .. no go. Fresh installation to Win10 .. no go. All drivers are current, I can rotate the laptop and the touchpad will disable by itself but no touch detected. There is no HID Touch Compliant Screen in Device Manager. I read somewhere that in Win10 the touchscreen is purely an USB device under Mice & Pointing .. nothing there. No touch drivers on the website either.

[​IMG]

The only clue that I have is that there is a pesky error under USB - probably the touchscreen controller is faulty. I sat through an hour worth of elementary troubleshooting with Dell and they too assume that the touchscreen is faulty.

[​IMG]

Any thoughts from the gurus appreciated .. I bought a replacement screen off ebay for a steal anyway and hope it works out. P/s: The quote from Dell is atrocious - I can buy a new 3147/48 with change to spare.

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hmmmm. sounds like a hardware problem. Let us know how the new screen works. if it does not help....theres something software related you are not seeing. I have an issue with an old acer I own where I cannot scroll with the touchpad.....I tried everything. and nothing available.

3. FeelUs

FeelUs Newbie

Reputations:
    How to uninstall touchpad driver, if in device dipatcher in section "Mice and other pointer devices" I see only "PS/2-compatible mouse"?

(sorry for some inexactness if present, I have Russian interface)

4. 3DD

3DD Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Stupid Microsoft. The Windows 10 1803 breaks the Synaptics Touchpad driver again, and it looks like some models from other manufacturers also has the same issue.

5. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Does the touch pad still work, or not at all. usually MS has a driver for most every touchpad. Also, goto synaptics, and try downloading the driver direct from their site.

6. 3DD

3DD Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It still works but it doesn't have any function, and you would have to drag your finger across the whole Touchpad for the cursor to move like half an inch. Did, their latest March driver says you don't need to install Synaptics driver.

7. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hmmmm. I am wondering if my wifes is on a different driver than yours. Hers works dandy.

8. 3DD

3DD Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    She's on 1803? Yeah, I would like to know.

9. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes 3dd she is. Once I get my son off the bus and settled away, I will go have a look for you!