OVERPOWERED 15+ Laptop: i7-8750H, 144Hz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB $791 + Free Store Pickup

Discussion in 'Notebook and Tech Bargains' started by faiz23, Dec 24, 2018.

1. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It's everything the Alienware, ASUS, Lenovo, MSI, Gigabyte, Razer or Acer BGA gamer turdbooks should have been, including the price. I mean c'mon. That's a really good price in spite of the soldering. I can see why Brother @B0B is an advocate for them. Good option for someone on a severely limited budget that wants something better than anything else with the same specs, for less money. The metal chassis is a nice bonus feature. Pretty hard to be extremely critical at this price point.

I mentioned this over here, in this thread, as well.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's the right price for a BGA laptop for mass manufacturing and selling.
    Even with limitless budget of AW,Asus etc.. they can't make a good BGA laptop and most of are overpriced.

Installed64, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    You see... People being screwed by Azor's overpriced and overheating TRIPOD Trash. Why pay more than what it's worth? But $799 for mentioned model in OP is still on the high side.

5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    It can be a matter of choosing the lesser among evils when it comes to BGA turdbooks. None are actually good. The silver lining to the dark cloud, if there is one, is the price is closer to being in proper alignment with the compromises. Something that indirectly resembles value is there relative to the more expensive alternatives that carry some pretty glaring design defects in spite of their higher price tags, like the tripod garbage. But, value remains elusive, if not absent, in the truest sense. It is still a disposable one-shot wonder with a fixed configuration and emasculated performance, in a chassis too small to accommodate truly powerful components. There is an element of sadness that goes along with being in the predicament of choosing the least undesirable product from a plethora of undesirable options.

6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I won't spend a dime above $499 on BGA. More than that I rather would save them for a desktop... Or put $250 on laptop and saved up the rest. Damn, remember we have 4 5 years free warranty here home. Within I have used it up (put it in the trash can). I would have enough money for a new desktop. Or a proper LGA laptop with Prema firmware. This if I hadn't enough cash ready for a proper laptop today.

Edit. See... My Clevo is soon 4 years old. And Works as day one. In the meanwhile I have saved up money for my next purchase. I don't spend my money on less. Save up if I haven't the money ready. I won't buy something halfbaked. Although I have the free 5 years warranty.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I agree. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be in such a good place.

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    We'll see what Dell can do at CES in January. Will it be a trash can or aesthetic overpriced painted trash can.

I don't think I can spend 300$ for some BGA because with taxes the prices increase.
    I'm a desktop guy now... Haahaaa..

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. Vasudev

Reputations:
    @B0B How is the BIOS of overpowered laptops? Can it be unlocked?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    That is a really good question. I did not notice any BIOS exploration in the videos by Brother @B0B yet. Maybe the BIOS has some decent options in it already. I would be curious to know what options there are for disabling Secure Boot and running CSM support. There is no point in buying a laptop like this for overclocking, but I would want the ability to run whatever OS I feel like running and not be limited to using a broken piece of crap like Windoze OS X.

Vasudev likes this.