Overclocking the Aorus X9 DT V8 w/ i9-8950HK TO THE MAX!

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by GizmoSlip, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

i dont need it. im happy with my temps the guy aboved me asked about his 8950hk

2. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Fixed! Sorry about that. Btw great temperatures! What's your cinebench multicore r15 score?

JCordero31 likes this.
  3. rogeruzun

rogeruzun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    None of the V8 Aorus offer 100% Adobe colorspace monitors, this is for photo and video editing primarily. I had them use Grizzly paste but its not metal, its the Grizzly Kryonaut I think its the best they offer.

I can't open it up and mod anything work paid for it I can't really mod the hardware at all.

I can use XTU, so is the concensus that I should set the core voltage offset to -0.120V, and change all the multipliers (1 active core, 2 active core etc) down to 45x from 48x? Are those the correct settings to get it to run cooler.

Am I looking at the proper controls in XTU to do this?

4. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    First thing you need to do is to just only undervolt, try -0.120V as suggested and test your undervolt, you can do a stress test for 5 min in Intel XTU to quickly test your undervolt, if its successful then your undervolt is at least 80% stable so you can proceed to test with a heavy load like video editing, also don't forget to test it at idle as well as sometimes the voltage is enough under load but is not enough under idle.

If its stable you may be able to go higher, so try -0.140V next, I personally won't bother going above that.

When you finish finding your best undervolt and still have throttling or you are not happy about the temps you play with the multiplier.

I won't touch the 1-3 core multiplier as they won't do much for power consumption and heat, you can decrease the 5-6 core multiplier slightly and test back.

5. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1260cb At 4.0GHZ
    166 Single Core
    Open GL 110.06

6. rogeruzun

rogeruzun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In benchmarking the Q8 I am constantly hitting Power Limit Throttling. Whether or not I run a GPU bench in the background, and whether or not I undervolt.

The limiting factor seems to be Power Limit Throttling. Is there a way around this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.