overclocking nvida gt630m

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by shubh@am, Jun 21, 2012.

1. shubh@am

shubh@am Newbie

Reputations:
    hi! i am new to this forum. i recently bought an asus k53s with an nvdia gt 630m but i want to improve its performance for gaming. can anyone pls tell me how to overclock it?
    note:i have already tried evga precision for overclocking but the sysytem changes the clock speed itself and if somehow the clock speeds are increased then the game crashes.

2. kisetsu17

kisetsu17 Took me long enough

Reputations:
    Not sure whether or not ASUS locks their BIOS against overclocking, but youn use MSI Afterburner to overclock. Try asking around the ASUS forums because that kinda sounds like a vBIOS thing, the throttling.

3. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Reputations:
  4. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 (*´・ω・`*)凸

Reputations:
    You must go to laptopvideo2go.com and download drivers for the 630M (under Win7/Vista x64 OEM nVIDIA)

Now download MSi afterburner and overclock. I have a GT 630m and I'd say i can go to 800-ish clocks and 1070-ish for memory

I don't know about yours though, results may vary