Overall Best Anti-Virus Security Suite Software? (small footprint, light usage, complete internet security suite)

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by requiem86, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grub3r

Grub3r Newbie

Reputations:
    Every year in January Privacy PC publishes it’s impressions, observations and perspectives with regard to the state of security software industry.

We have singled out leaders in the following categories: antivirus, internet security, antispyware, encryption software, online privacy utilities and three more groups.

The software rating has been formed in accordance with the following benchmarks: usability (ease of setup and product usage intuitiveness) features, efficiency, help & support, and pros/cons. You can find it here: Best Security Software 2014 | Privacy PC

best-security-software-2014-banner.jpg

2. zakazak

zakazak www.whymacsucks.com

Reputations:
    I am wondering why no one has recommended the free Comodo Internet Security.

3. qamresh

qamresh Newbie

Reputations:
    That's probably comodo is quite heavy on the system. It really slows down the system. I use quick heal and run malwarebytes occasionally. Works quite well for me. And importantly it doesn't slow the system.

4. zakazak

zakazak www.whymacsucks.com

Reputations:
    I am running CIS + MBAM on my laptops + HTPC and don't experience any slow downs. Especially not when you look at it as an AV + FW + HIPS + BB + Sandbox tool + Online Lookup

5. Krane

Krane Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Fine, if you don't mind managing it. To me the best AV are those that you set and forget. They work completely behind the scenes and unobtrusively. You also gain additional controls that allow you to temporarily turn them off (for a set time) with one click.

Additionally, they can warn you of suspicious websites and/or activities. You can check a sites reputation and auto scan any external devices connecting to your system (my system's most vulnerable position),

That's just some of the convenience you typically get with paid AV. They also perform additional task (like backup, and system performance scans, disc defrag. etc.) that you may or may not need.

In any event, the best AV is YOU. Your vigilance and awareness of what's going into your computer, cannot be overstated.

6. cj1094

cj1094 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Malewarebytes, but not bitdefender. It's not lightweight at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.