Overall Best Anti-Virus Security Suite Software? (small footprint, light usage, complete internet security suite)

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by requiem86, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndroidFan

AndroidFan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I use Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 very light and it has the best detection rates every time in every test I see online.

I tried the Suites but didn't like them because their firewall gives a high performance hit when browsing websites. I am behind a router and the Windows Firewall is more than enough for me.

2. MrDJ

MrDJ Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    theve just launched a new version 8 today avast! | Download Free Antivirus Software or Internet Security
    version 7 ran a full scan of over 300gb ssd in around 10-15 minutes for me so in my eyes thats very good.

very true what you said above that various free software will do as good a job. i just like having it all in one for simplicity.

3. ploufdslacuvett

ploufdslacuvett Newbie

Reputations:
    All you need is:
    EMET, sandboxie, shadow defender, zemana antilogger, comodo firewall
    No need for an antivirus, only an on demand scanner like MBAM for when you commit a file to your real system

4. joshwang11

joshwang11 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just got BitDefender since its only 29$ at the moment. It has some great review and is working pretty well so far.

5. dj07

dj07 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If I had to choose then I would go for Immunet cloud based antivirus. It is light antivirus with complete internet security suite and overall a good antivirus for your PC/lappy. I have been using this antivirus from quite long time.

6. gonwk

gonwk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi TimeandSpace,

Is MBAM the only thing that you are running on your PC as AntiVirus Protection?

Thanks!

G! :)

7. rronald_25

rronald_25 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi All,

I am also thinking of buying full suite protection just for my peace of mind as last year my PC was protected by free avira but it crashed so bad because of viruses.

I am confused now as my money is kinda tight, so of course if I can have it for free it would be the best, but if not I will just take the cheapest one.

Some people say I dont really need to use the paid version as long as I dont click ads, spams & download from torrent etc. Unfortunately sometimes I or people using my laptop clicked it by accident :p

Can anyone recommend me the best value for money full suite protection with low resources usage?

At this moment my best choice would be bitdefender although I read on other thread it kinda takes plenty of resources.

Moreover, if it says good for 3pc, can I sell the other 2 licenses to someone such as my friends from school? If thats possible, would it be a hassle for them if they want to renew it the year after?

Thanx

8. Dain54

Dain54 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would have to agree with some of the others on Kaspersky internet security. I have been using it for three years and haven't even had anything close to what you've described above. On Amazon you can get it pretty cheap for 1 year - 3 PC's. It probably would not be a hassle to sell the other pc licenses, but I can't really attest to the legality of that.

Goodluck.

9. frenchieman

frenchieman Newbie

Reputations:
  10. parawizard

parawizard Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Im running MSSE along with ClamAV running daily scans. It is pretty light weight and MSSE at least doesn't have many false positives. If you are downloading lots of sketchy stuff you may want something heavier for sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.