Ordering new AW17: Do we still have any Dell / AW reps in the forums?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Devianti, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Idk, I'm against Asus in general but I do look at things objectively.
    The screen is rather good.Has very good color coverage, brightness is decent, blacks seems a little low for IPS, still better than any TN screen and the rest seems neat as well.

The only real downside I've seen thus far is actually that it's assively loud under load.

Idk It's an Asus so I'm still gonna be a bit sceptical, but looking at reviews, this seems like a very solid notebook. Suprisingly good. If you decide to buy it, let us know how the notebook fares. Also you should make a thread here so that @Phoenix can help you getting rid of all the Bloatware, Asus has a lot of them installed.

Phoenix likes this.
  2. Devianti

Devianti Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks man! I'll be sure to keep you up to date with how things go. As for bloatware, I'm gonna request that HIDevolution just do a clean install of Windows. Then when the machine turns up all I've gotta do is make a USB recovery before I get to play with it properly. :D

And I'm a total sceptic too, I already have a short list of things I *know* I probably won't like about the machine, but then nothing's perfect... and it's at least 1000 USD cheaper than a machine I would have perhaps regretted more! Total spend will be about 2.5K USD after the addition of bigger drives, repaste and a few peripherals etc. I am ready and willing to be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Nah there are many things windows installs from stock that is bloatware. It's way better letting Phoenix handle it, windows even installs phones and tablets features on a damn notebook, lol.

Phoenix and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  4. Devianti

Devianti Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah I've seen all the crap installed in Windows 10 on work PCs - assumed that was something the HIDevolution clean install would deal with. @Donald@HIDevolution would be awesome if you could give a quick insight into that! :)

@Danishblunt although I assume http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-bloatware-free-edition.804247/ is the thread I should dig in to?

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  5. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    As I said, just let Phoenix do his thing. He will go with teamviewer and explain everything he's doing to you. He will also ask you what you need etc, also he answeres your questions as well. You'll learn quite a lot.

Phoenix and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  6. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    The Clean Install gets rid of 3rd party software...then as @Danishblunt says, @Phoenix will get rid of the Windows 10 bloatware. It is a one-two punch to get the best, snappiest performance. Or, you can just use Phoenix's Guides and do it yourself.

Phoenix likes this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    and an SMS feature, on a freakin' laptop (Setting location = PC Settings > Privacy > Messaging) :rolleyes::eek:

Papusan and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  8. battousai10k

battousai10k Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I'm in Canada. I remember back in the day when I got my M15x, I was able to call the Dell Sales rep and negotiate a price. Is that still possible? Haven't bought another laptop for ages.

9. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    That will probably still work...but the only way to find out is give them a call.