Ordering new AW17: Do we still have any Dell / AW reps in the forums?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Devianti, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Not to shabby 120hz IPS screen on a notebook is rare.
    As already stated I only had terrible experience with Asus from 2010 - 2015 models. I don't know much about the newer models so if you go for it, a review after a month of use would be very nice for people like me to see if Asus has changed or not.

Proving that you don't bother reading and like to post nonsense made up in your brain. Stop fantasizing, thanks. Pretty sure you're the one not capable of having conversations with anyone besides yourself thanks to the lack of information processing.

2. Devianti

Devianti Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've never had an ASUS. Only laptops I've had worth gaming with have been an XPS and subsequently AW (although one of my work Surface Pros didn't do too bad for casual stuff on the move). Think I'll go for this:

http://www.hidevolution.com/asus-gl702vs-rs71.html

With a few tweaks to RAM, SSD, and crucially repasting I'm game to give it a go. Just wish I could find reliable data on the aRGB performance of the 120hx FHD display.

@Shark00n I'm not giving up on AW! Just taking a cheaper seat that over delivers on what I would have got. I'm glad you enjoy your system - am envious! If I could buy two of them I'd be right there with ya!

Shark00n likes this.
  3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    It's similair to the Alienware, however the contrasts are so much better that is basicially translates to great picture quality but not color accurate. It's a bit like samsung phones, screen look very nice, colors are vibrant etc, but it isn't color accurate.

Specs of screen:
    86% sRGB
    56% AdobeRGB
    Gamma: 2.19
    Contrast: 1507:1 (Black: 0.21 cd/m²)

Brightness distrobution of 93% is also pretty good.

Also the notebook is really quiet, at a max of 48db. Speakers are similarily bad as on AW, but then again you don't care since you use headset.

Looking at the Notebookcheck review it seems like it has major temp issues tho.
    [​IMG]

So Yeah, I really don't know about it.

It has the exact same issue as the Alienware, the heatpipes are taking the heat from the graphicscard and puts it on the CPU.

[​IMG]

As you can see, they did a furmark benchmark which only tests the GPU, however the CPU gets hot because the heatpipes take the heat from the GPU to the CPU instead of the heatsink.

4. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good luck with the Asus bro!

5. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Still waiting on you to provide proof of DTR not being able to function off of a cooling pad bro.

Which is just one of many holes of logic again demonstrating the amount of hand holding needed in dialogue with you.

6. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Waiting for you to cite me from somewhere claiming that a DTR would not function off a cooling pad.

Again, proving my point. Learn to read and process information, either that or talk to a brick wall please. Thanks!

7. TheReciever

Reputations:
    LMAO your hilarious, now you make claims and claim to never make them.

I guess thats why people have to screenshot your fud, makes more sense now.

8. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    If I indeed made that claim it shouldn't be that hard to cite me, but since you talk traight out of your bum nothing will come.
    Thanks for proving my point and showcasing your hypocrisy.

9. TheReciever

Reputations:
  10. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That’s some selective memory right there.
    Someone should ease off the danish blunts

11. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    that's hilarious, I've used that same retort before hahaha

Shark00n likes this.
  12. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Please show me where I stated it wouldn't function without a cooling pad.
    Thanks for showcasing your inability to process information.

13. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Like I said Im done here lol

This wasnt for you as much as is it for others to decide for themselves.

I opened with stating your inability to be wrong and our peers can decide that for themselves since dialogue with you is in fact impossible.

For other examples Im sure @Papusan can share since he generally has them on hand seemingly.

14. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    yeah ofc you're done because you have no ground to stand on. I debunked your claim and now u're looking like an asshat. My pleasure.

15. TheReciever

Reputations:
    No I just have more pressing things to spend my time on.

If you really wanted to win an argument you would have before in our previous engagements. Each chance you had you silently stop posting in them.

Finishing my BSIT, working on TEFL certificate, going to the gym, learning Korean. You know, life things. There is more to life than debating, well arguing actually, with someone who has a self imposed mindset that cant be wrong on the internet. Especially when I have a deadline.

So I could either waste my time here or continue working on real goals, especially since the net result of this gains me nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.