Ordered an Alienware m15

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Spartan, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's not a bad idea to get it from Virgin Mega Store in Dubai. The last 2 Alienware 18's I got from them got refunded the next day. Both had terrible backlight bleed lighting and I had to literally fight with everyone there including the manager and make a scene at the store to get a refund. Virgin Megastore for me = NEVER again but your mileage might vary.

Remember, since you live in Dubai, if you do get it from HIDevolution the Ultra Male Tweaking session would not be over TeamViewer but rather in a coffee shop LIVE tweaking :D

Also, ask Donald about the shipping charges/customs, you can go for a slower shipping method which will still reach here in like 4-5 days. Think outside the box d00d.

My MSI GT75 Titan is in mint condition. Once I get the new Alienware, I will swap out my SSDs as I will install the two of the 2TB 960 PROs in the Alienware and remove the 256GB m.2 SSD/1 TB SSHD from the Alienware and slap it on here. That still leaves an additional 2TB 960 PRO which I can keep for you in the GT75 TITAN.

For the price, it will be: 12K if you want it with the Samsung 960 PRO or 11K if you want it without the SSD. Mind you, brand new it's almost 18K on Souq.com so this is a steal. Comes with the bag, all accessories, MSI Carry bag (brand new unused) and a mint condition laptop that was built by HIDevolution with all the thermal mods like Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads and a perfect panel with 0 backlight bleeding or dead pixels.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  2. Lunatik

Lunatik Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Customs for me in Canada will be around $280-$300 CAD.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  3. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You good Sir are a godsend and a relief for an aching heart. I'll wait till the reviews are up, if it's really worth it, I'll buy it from Hidevolution with the thermal mods. That way, I'll get to meet you in person too. I mean, who doesn't want to meet "The Ultra Male" ? Hehe

If it's out of my budget, I'll wait until some discounts show up or give you a great offer for your GT75.

In any case, I'll keep updating you man. Thanks for your great offer for the MSI.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Vistar Shook, jclausius and Spartan like this.
  4. Spartan

Reputations:
    @Ted@HIDevolution helped me swap the Killer 1550 for the Intel 9260 as I had missed that was the standard WLAN Card it comes with.

Expected shipping date mid March.

Vistar Shook and ThatOldGuy like this.
  5. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Two months! I could hardly take that, I'd have a heart attack from nerves

Out if curiosity, did HID charge upfront; or when units ship from Dell?

I've ordered from them before; but never a pre-order

Vistar Shook likes this.
  6. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Upfront.

Mid March? Yikes. My Dell Canada order said delivery date March 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
    Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. Spartan

Reputations:
    Yes they will get it on March but you don't want them to ship it in the state that Dell ships it with their crappy thermal paste and stock components.

Now I'm giving you a worst case scenario you may get it earlier and remember I live in Dubai so it takes like 5 days to ship to me but your situation is different.

I paid up-front but if you contact Donald or Ted maybe for a pre-order they'd just take a downpayment I am not the best person to answer this bro.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
    Vistar Shook and ThatOldGuy like this.
  8. Lunatik

Reputations:
    True, I imagine HID will have them March 1 the lastest, paid for rush so 5 days max then a few days to me. Well see I suppose. Hopefully they give us a heads up when our system arrives. I’m curious what position I am in the 51m order lineup. Pretty sure I’m one of the first few.

Some guys on reddit that live in the usa have Feb 15-16 delivery dates supposedly. Maybe HID will get then around then too since its USA>USA shipping.

Vistar Shook, Spartan and ThatOldGuy like this.
  9. Spartan

Reputations:
    m3 & j00 were amongst the first to order I believe followed by The HaloGod

Vistar Shook and Lunatik like this.
  10. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Wonder how many people actually ordered one, I didn’t order until about 8-10hrs after it was posted, was sleeping. Probably still be top 10.

Spartan likes this.