Ordered an Alienware m15

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Spartan, Jan 11, 2019.

1. cope123abc

cope123abc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I will follow you closely, do you have an ETA on the delivery date. @Ultra Male

2. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    No I only had the Alienware 18 and it wasn't a great experience other than loving the chassis, build quality, and the brand but I did like the on-site support and the fact that they changed my laptop for free 3 times giving me a free GPU upgrade each time from 680 GTX in SLI to 770 to 780 with an upgraded COU 4949MX due to them not having stock of my old machine that's why I went with the 4 year warranty

Aroc, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Then don't complain about slow boot vs. others:D You could of course ask HID if they can put them in a antistatic bag when shipping. Put them in your laptop when you see you will need them:p
    [​IMG]

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I'm mixed on it, as @TheReciever made an excellent point earlier in calling this a "model that lacked direction". 90% certain I will sit this one out alongside @Mr. Fox , it just doesn't speak to me strongly or give me the confidence I want in using a "high performance" DTR.

Besides, somebody has to support the old machines.

DreDre, Ashtrix, Arrrrbol and 4 others like this.
  5. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Holy crap almost $8k. Good luck with it. Waiting on the sidelines to see where the industry will go from here. Hopefully more competition will drop these prices. Alienware can basically set the bar and charge as high as they want as there are not too many on the market in 2019.

c69k and Spartan like this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    We will get updated drivers thread for Alienware which we have been missing for long. RAM are expensive and extra RAM always helps.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    128gb ram is just way over the top. You will never need it. 64gb is even overkill. I have 32gb and my system doesn’t even use close to that.

Vistar Shook, VICKYGAMEBOY and c69k like this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    He can use it as RAM cache drive or RAM disk to store everything in RAM.

c69k likes this.
  9. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Exactly, like you see all the Alienware 17M (the new ones) with over heating issues? The ones from HIDevolution I am told have 0 issues thanks to their thermal mods. I dunno what magic they do but it's not just thermal paste they have their own internal mods Donald from HIDevolution told me which they will not disclose and I understand that.

I think it should fit I will let them test it at HIDevolution if it fits before they ship it to me. Worst case scenario I'll just use my current Everki Titan it can fit a car in there but I really would like to be able to use the Alienware backpack.

I know but I plan to keep this for a long time hence why I got the 4 year warranty and I always max at out the RAM in any system I buy because...who knows... you know...

I can always use it as a RAM Disk or for extra caching speed using PrimoCache

Be smart.... be like Ultra Male and max out your RAM... [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
    DreDre, Vistar Shook, Aroc and 3 others like this.
  10. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just noticed the dell website has area51m bags under accessories if you're buying the Area51m. Doesn't look like you can buy them seperate as of yet and only the gear bag has any pictures that I can find. So hopefully when it's released these bags will be available. I hope they lool like the ones the m15/m17 have. Those are slick.
    Screenshot_20190112-131209_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20190112-131148_Samsung Internet.jpg

Spartan likes this.