Ordered an Alienware Area-51M

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Ultra Male, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Yeah this is the one I ordered:

270071_1_1.jpg

toughasnails and Darkhan like this.
  2. drek20

drek20 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ordered one aswell 9700k(delidded), 2080 + repaste. Thankfully I have my Alienware Vindicator 2.0 backpack from a returned 17R4 a few years ago. Good thing I kept it, hopefully the 51m fits in it lol!

Vistar Shook and Ultra Male like this.
  3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    It should bro. It's 17 inch afterall.

4. drek20

drek20 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hopefully, the dimensions seem off though. The 51m is almost a perfect square. I read the backpack dimensions and it seems its off a half an inch however it may fit with some wiggling.

5. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Damn bro, you were one year too late. I think you would have loved the M18xR2. The build design/quality is still unmatched in a laptop of this category. I'm sure you'll like the Area-51M build if you liked the AW18.

I'll be keeping my M18xR2 as well regardless of whether I get this, a Clevo , or w/e. So i'll be there supporting it too for awhile. I have no plan to sell it. :D We got two left in the family. My other two friends got rid of theirs

Careful, my friend ordered a AW17 R4 awhile back and couldn't fit it in the backpack. I'm not sure if it was the 1.0 or 2.0 back though. It was just a tad too big.

6. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Be careful of where you purchase from. There's a post floating around about the Area 51m and voiding the warranty from Dell with a repaste, CPU upgrade or something.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Vistar Shook, raz8020 and IXVIXXII like this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Directly from Azor himself “you need Dells *special* thermal paste” or your warranty is gone. In short... Buy paste from Dell and re-paste before tech support visits you or you have to send it in. But the question is... Will Dells useless outsourced tech support guys see the difference between Dell paste or the one you prefer?:D In house repair... Most likely.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  8. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    The Dell outsourced tech support didn't even know how to open my previous Alienware 18 taptop and ended up breaking the hinges then Dell gave me a new taptop with an upgraded GPU

9. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Only if its the shiny LM. Otherwise the couldn't tell the difference between this or that grey goop.

Vistar Shook, raz8020, Aroc and 2 others like this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Dell should do something smart. Add in special color pigment in their *special* paste. They are known for proprietary solutions. So why not?:vbbiggrin: Or just use their usual thermal stamps (with redish or fancy pink colors). Remember most colors can be used outside white and greyish. Problem solved :vbthumbsup:

Vistar Shook likes this.