Ordered a MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2019)

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Ultra Male, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Sure, I will keep updating you guys and soon will post guides on how to make it easy for Windows users to switch to MacOS, the best Windows app alternatives, etc.

electrosoft likes this.
  2. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    How you liking the keyboard?

What's ironic is...Windows is going to have that online reinstall feature in the May 2020 update lol.

Actually you reminded me...I need to backup my data and reinstall Catalina on my macbook. I am running the GM developer release and have upgraded each build so it's in need of a fresh install.

Amen, computers I have gamed LEAST on.... P570WM, P870DM3, Area-51m lol

Interestingly I still use my M18xR2 a lot. I should probably try gaming more on this 780M SLI. :D

3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i know 0 things about mac but i personally dont like to have to access internet to install though i can see the benefit of it. i gear a lot of my build/image for offline stuff too because dont trust my isp provider to constantly be there.

I like to install from usb, or better if theres a future optane thunderbolt thumbstick it'll be best. install windows in like 2 mins or something thats what im looking out for on the market.

570wm sound is horrible. after having 870dm sound and tried going back was too much but i game on all of them equally. i had m18xr2 the longest though still have it just rarely touch it anymore, still missing my good old 18".

still waiting for that giant 20" laptop with yuge hardware. ryzen 5000 16-24 cores cpu, optane dimm, ddr5, pcie 5 SSD yum.

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    First mission accomplished, after having had installed all the basic apps like Final Cut Pro, Photoshop Elements, Folx Downloader Pro, Archiver 3, I installed SVP and boy oh boy, the butter smooth videos are a joy to watch and the speakers in terms of loudness and audio fidelity on this MacBook Pro destroy the ones on the Alienware Area-51m, so does the screen, it's a night and day difference in terms of clarity, crispiness, color accuracy

IMG_0050.jpg

Fire Tiger likes this.
  5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Don't know if you use BitTorrent, but I've found Transmission to be the best client for macOS.

6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I used qBitorrent on Windows and now I have Folx Pro which is a download manager that also supports torrent files. I will try it and if I don't like it I will give Transmission a shot as that's the one I always see recommended the most.

7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I don't know if it's the fact that I'm on Mac OS (less telemetry perhaps in the background and sending data) or the fact that I'm using Safari but the snappiness in web browsing is out of this world. When I try to access any website, the entire website is loaded in the blink of an eye with 0 lag unlike in Windows.

electrosoft likes this.
  8. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Safari's U/X is highly underrated. I've always found browsing on my Macs with Safari a joy. Like I posted earlier, I use Safari exclusively on my Apple products and Firefox on my Windows machines. I've done this for over 10 years now.

On another note, how are you liking the keyboard? Compare/contrast with your experience with the 2015 keyboard?

Ultra Male likes this.
  9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I may be in the minority but I love it. It's very easy to type on, the travel distance between keys is perfect and the tactile feedback is very satisfying. Looks to me like a quality keyboard perhaps because it's the 5th gen and Apple has improved it.

To put things into perspective, the keyboard is better than my previous Dell XPS 15 keyboard by a mile. Oh and I love how the Touch Bar works for many things and changes according to what you're doing like for making payments, increasing volume you see a slider bar, so is the case for increasing / decreasing brighthness. When you're on a site and you enter a password if there's buy button the Touch Bar says BUY so you can tap that and you don't need to click with your mouse or keyboard anymore. Very convenient.

@custom90gt

Another thing I forgot to mention is this fingerprint scanner is very accurate and easy to use, one touch and bam, I'm logged into whatever website I'm on from my previously saved password. This beats LastPass for me.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    custom90gt likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    In case your screen gets broken, this video might come in handy.

steberg, Papusan and Ultra Male like this.