Ordered a MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2019)

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Ultra Male, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Get a spare heatsink:D Put it in if you have to use that warranty.

DaMafiaGamer likes this.
  2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    ole!!!, ssj92, Papusan and 1 other person like this.
  3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    wait you replaced the m51 with it? a stop gap for the next 10-16 cores laptop im assuming.

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    To be honest with you, I just go for the latest and greatest at the time I am planning to purchase and have no patience to wait. I know the 16 inch is coming soon but I can't wait.

Now, my workflow is all about browsing the forums, watching YouTube videos, and doing some video editing very rarely so this configuration should be more than enough for me.

PS: I never play games, not once did I play a single game on this Area-51m. I just have an obsession with having the best when it comes to phones or computers.

5. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    good for you that you can hop around between mac and windows. iphone is pretty damn fast because they got their software optimized for the hardware and vice versa. on the other hand due to features i have to stick to windows, windows 8, server 2012 to be exact and waterfox's features still making it sluggish with the few thousands tabs i have open while i watch 2/12 threads on the cpu used rofl.

do you ever not find annoy to switch its time consuming. i got tired of that stuff when i try to optimize my os for the nth time.

6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Dude, I've never used a Mac other than that one time when I helped my wife setup her previous MacBook Air 13, it was barely for an hour. I didn't like it because you know what? there was nothing to do :D you login with your Apple ID and the computer is ready to use, there were no updates, not reboots, no tweaks to do, NADA!

But now after having have wasted endless hours formatting every few days due to how buggy Windows is and the kinda bugs I run into are catastrophic which either lead to sluggish performance or brick my machine (read the first post dude) so yeah. I am switching no matter what it takes, I even deleted all my files off OneDrive even though I have a 1 year Office 365 subscription with 1 TB of OneDrive Storage. I want nothing to do with Microsoft anymore.

I will use the built in apps like Pages for my casual word processing, I bought Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 (1 time fee not subscription BS) and the laptop was ordered with Final Cut Pro X and a few other apps so I'm good to go for all my needs.

So to sum it up, no I don't enjoy switching back and forth and I'm not, I'm switching for good :D

ole!!! likes this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Bruh. You know the Kionix Freefall Sensor Driver is known for screw up on Dellbooks? Not Micro$lope's fault that Dell prefer put the junk in their notebooks. Did you have it installed in your Msibook? Nope!
    [​IMG]

jclausius, Mr. Fox and ole!!! like this.
  8. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    there are some pretty nice software for windows but i guess you can setup just dual boot when need to. wait long enough and linux might eventually take them over but until then, gl with the apple stuff. i couldn't put up with their controlled environment but their machine is pretty smooth to use, though i'd still prefer it to run windows off of mac because that option is still available.

9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @custom90gt @ssj92 @win32asmguy @electrosoft

So I received the MacBook Pro today.

I turned it on and immediately went into recovery mode, wiped the disk, then tried to install the latest OS but Catalina wasn't offered, I guess that was because I never activated it.

So I ended up reinstalling MacOS Mojave first which was the only choice it gave me when I clicked on reinstall OS.

After I logged in with my Apple ID and stuff, I got the update to Catalina.

I then wiped the disk again formatting in APFS and hit reinstall OS and bam, it was downloading Catalina, nothing better than a clean install because I see the people who have "upgraded" from Mojave to Catalina on the MacRumors forum are having a myriad of issues so they ended up having to do a clean install.

PS: I love how easy it is to reinstall MacOS, no need to grab any installation media, drivers or anything, all online done in a breeze.

IMG_0046.jpg

electrosoft and custom90gt like this.
  10. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    @Ultra Male, it is really easy recovering/reinstalling Mac OS. The biggest issue I've had in the past is creating recovery media for offline installs. You'll have to let us know how you like it.