Opinions on the N56JR..

Discussion in 'Asus' started by BubbaRob, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sxooter

Sxooter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I own two N56 series machines and neither have this problem. Sounds like your chassis is broken. Might have gotten dropped in shipment or something?

2. hundreder

hundreder Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When I explained to mate, je said je doesnt have problem, but then I showed him that he has it but didnt noticed it.
    I think it's general problem problem because I returned two laptops before this one for same reason. On this it just didn't apeared at first. It apeared after two months.
    Curently it's not with me but the location is like in picture below.
    This is asus n61, but just to have the picture
    [​IMG]
    Position your laptop like this and start open/close the display. You'll see how the lower plastic on the arrow position bends down.

3. Sxooter

Reputations:
    Not having that problem with either of mine.

4. raljamcar

raljamcar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, i have had this laptop for four months or so now. I am very happy with it, with a few exceptions.
    I am running 8.1, fixed the hdmi audio problem so its mostly ok.
    But there have been three times i opened the lid, and the screen stayed off, and the power button did nothing, i had to remove the battery to fix it.
    Then the only other problem i have run across was earlier today. I opened up my laptop, then my keyboard was not responding, in chrome, or any other programs. Restarting fixed this.

Other than that, just a few questions. what is the common way to see temps in cpu and gpu?
    MY nvidea card shows up in my manager, and says it is fine, but seeing other people with 8.1 having problems is it something i should wrry about?
    Thanks all.

5. raljamcar

raljamcar Newbie

Reputations:
    Looking through some more posts reminded me of other questions.
    What is the full hd download a few pages back for, im assumeing fullhd, but am unsure of what that is...
    and what exactly is wrong with the atheros wifi card?

6. Sxooter

Reputations:
    When it starts with no display, have you tried holding the power button down for 30 or so seconds to see if it shut off? My N56DP does that in linux. My N56VZ has never done it, running windows 8.0. I think it might be hardware not software related on my machine.

The Atheros and Broadcom cards are both pretty mediocre performers, and in linux they're even worse, so on my linux laptop I'm running an Intel 6250 and am real happy with it. Sadly you have to disassemble the N56 Intel machines to replace the wifi card, as it's halfway under the case. Luckily tearing the bottom off an N56 is pretty easy. There's a good N56 tear down video on youtube.

For watching temps I use HWMonitor32.

7. javak810i

javak810i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the exact same problem as you. It appeard after about 3 month of owning this laptop.
    When I open the lid, theres like 2-3mm gap between the lower and upper chasis by the left display hinge. I also thought that the screw might be loosen, but it cant be tighten.

Shlould I got a replacement?

8. hundreder

Reputations:
    Bingo. Thats it.
    You should. I gave my to service, waiting for the answer. We will see what will happen.

9. parva

parva Newbie

Reputations:
    Am also having this problem.
    Actually i sometimes hear tak-tak sound when i open the lid but never had inspected where it came from.
    Thanks for solving the mystery :p

10. hundreder

Reputations:
    Yes! Make a break. Take a tik tak :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.