Opinions on the N56JR..

Discussion in 'Asus' started by BubbaRob, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffmd

jeffmd Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ehhh.. they stopped doing that years ago. the GTX 760m should have no problem being detected by the normal drivers. I had zero issues with the 745m in my q550lf.

Infact modified driver sets like those are usuly using older drivers from legacy sets, because the chipsets they are made for are 5+ years old.

2. javak810i

javak810i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, all I know is, that when I first tried to install those 337.50 beta drivers (=latest drivers) without the modified nv_dispi.inf, the installation failed. So that's that. I don't really care that much about the hw not being recognized by the 3DMark11 as long as the score is adequate and all works good.

3. flaaamez

flaaamez Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @DanceDance, I actually purchased the same ssd as you (samsung 840 pro) and I just used the software that came with it to clone/transfer my data from the hdd to my ssd... it was easy and the transition was smooth... Seriously all it takes is a couple of clicks.

On another note, has anyone tried updating their graphics driver through Geforce Experience? It has started bugging me for the past few days, to update to a new driver 335.23, and was wondering if anyone has updated to that driver? Thanks!

4. jeffmd

jeffmd Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    java, it is clear the driver is not installed correctly.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I'd always just go to nvidia.com and download it myself.

6. javak810i

Reputations:
    Hi!
    Today I tried running some stress tests. I left Prime95 and Furmark on for cca 15 minutes and measured the temps and frequency of the CPU and the GPU.
    The results are:
    - GPU temp max: 87°C (until then it was quite a long time on 86°C and 718Mhz, but as soon as it hit the 87°C mark it clocked down to 653Mhz)
    - CPU temp max: 93°C (at first the frequence was stable 2,4Ghz, but after a while it started fluctuating between 1,6-1,8Ghz)
    Viz: 4uSWhlD.jpg
    Is this OK, or should I be worried?

7. OC-Freak

OC-Freak Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seems ok, lower than my temps if I stress mine. Your temps is around what I have when gaming.

8. javak810i

Reputations:
    Hmm, isn't it weir that in the notebookcheck review the let the stress tests running for over an hour and the temperatures were only around 80°C for the GPU and 89-92°C for the CPU and the CPU core clock was still at 2,8Ghz (mine does underclock below the standard 2,4Ghz frequency). viz: http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/Notebooks/Asus/N56JR-S4080H/N56JR_Stress.jpg

Why are their temparatures lower and the CPU freq. higher? Can it be the case that I ran the Furmark in burn-in, rather than in stability mode as they did?

Btw, I played some Battlefield 3 (the second mission after the subway).
    The FPS were 30-45 outside (mostly 35-37) and 40-55 indoors. I played in Full HD resolution and Ultra detail except for MSAA turned off (If I turn on 4xMSAA it loweres the framerate to around 20-30fps). Is this good? (and the GPU temps were at 86°C max. I didn't measured the CPU temps however)

9. parva

parva Newbie

Reputations:
    Can someone tell me which cooling pad of cooler master or deepcool or belkin which is compatible with this laptop ? as summer is very hot here (40-45 degree C) in need of one. Also as the vents in the bottom of laptop are exhaling wasnt able to find details of any cooler mentioning about pulling of air.

10. amino2

amino2 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i have found a colorimetric profile for the LG full HD LCD of our N56JR laptop, you can download it here :
    asus_N56_fullHD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.